Exhibition quality honey jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summerslease

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 and 3 nucs.
I'm thinking of putting some honey into our local shows for the first time. Can anyone recommend a supplier of 1lb jars that are high enough quality to exhibit honey in? Every one in a gross I ordered from one supplier have mottling and marks from the glass moulds. Thanks in anticipation.

My sister goes to a supplier in Bristol, who allows her to select jars before purchase.
Perhaps you could find a local supplier who could facilitate similar?

James

I am a senior Honeyshow and have judged at many of the major shows in England including the National. Judges do not judge the jar but what is in the jar. We do not worry about flow marks or other minor imperfections in the glass. The two jars in a typical class entry should be as required by the schedule ( e.g 1lb squat jars with screw thread) matching (same manufacturer) obviously clean and the glass must not be chipped or cracked. Lids should not be scratched, dented or rusty and as per the schedule. Many people get their jars from Wynne Jones.

I had an email from a Pattersons that they have a 30% discount.

Latest posts

Back