ethics

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow incredible story Pete. Well done for persisting with your search. I'm sure that was hard work. Glad you were able to recover some of your property and some bees at least.

Nice one Pete.....hate it when scrotes get away with things like that and there is nothing us law abiders can do :cuss: I live on a council estate, and the place is full of them :(

Hope all is well with the family too. My best wishes are with you all.

If he gets banged up, for the other misdemeanors, who is going to look after his bees?

Regards, RAB

Sounds like you've had a hell of a year, glad it worked out - and that your family are now OK

Excellent! Glad it all worked out and hope the bees are clear of disease aswell.

Here's to next year being better all round for you.

Best Wishes,

Meg

Well done Pete sounds like a reasonable result and a lot of hard work to achieve the results.
I hope that the perpetrator gets whats coming to him.

I was bored,

then I stopped working and decided to retire. Unemployed really but as I am over 60 its classed as early retirement...

Great result Pete.

You kept your cool and not only got your bees back but hopefully nailed the sod for all his thieving.

i am planning next year to bee the most quiet and calm year ever. i am fed up with brain tumours, flippin cancer twice and general unemployment, next year is going to be boring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hopefully

Puts me in mind of the ancient chinese curse... 'May you live in interesting times'
Seriously though, great result.

Well done, its nice to hear about the good guys winning occasionally - shame its down to individuals because the police are a shambles

Court date set for March?

What court, date and time if you have the detail? There will undoubtedly be a public gallery. We could bring our knitting and see justice at work. :hurray:

All the best for the future pete. Looks like they were picked on the wrong person.

Court date set for March?

What court, date and time if you have the detail? There will undoubtedly be a public gallery. We could bring our knitting and see justice at work. :hurray:

sounds like an excuse for a forum meet :D

case got brought forward to today he was finaly charged with recieving stolen goods, 5 accounts, none of which where my bees which brought the police there in the first place, all he got was £3,500 fines and 12 months suspended sentence.

i am well racked off i have been practcing my knot tying for weeks now, there were several very tall lamp posts near the courts, not even a blooming flogging in public.

Makes you spit feathers. No point in a private prosecution I suppose? Or a lead pipe in a back alley? We'll say you were on here all night.

Know how you feel Pete, I ended up in court in Kendall a few years ago. The guy pleaded guilty (after I had turned up at court) with mitigating circumstances and turned on the charm which to the Judges favour, held no sway whatsoever.

However, when sentencing, the Judge stated that he would like to apply a much stronger sentence, but was bound by guidelines. He gave him the maximum permissible sentence which was paltry.

The fines he was given would not have covered my Hotel and travel costs that were paid for by the Witness Scheme. Plus he got 60 hours community service.

This for someone with an existing criminal record who steals £16,000k cash

:banghead:

I did get my money back prior to the court hearing in an attempt to get me to drop my case against him, but I was damm sure he was not getting away with it, some of the others were not so lucky.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back