equipment price arbitrage between Greece and UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny greek

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Good Morning fellow beekeepers,

let me introduce myself again, I am Yiannis from Greece, and I am a professional beekeeper.
The scope of this post is to inquire about the possibility of having beekeeping equipment exported from Greece to the UK
as I have noticed that many products are significantly cheaper in Greece.
Bellow, there is a link with indicative prices here in Greece for a variety of products.
If you find this idea interesting we can discuss possible options to make this work and we all benefit from this.

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/2873/melissokomika_eidh.html?order_by=pricevat&order_dir=asc

Hi, i am not a business and the link was just indicative prices from Greek market at the moment. I don’t have nothing to sell at the time so nothing to advertise. My intention is just to see if there is an opportunity for me and forum members to benefit from price arbitrage between the two countries.

My intention is just to see if there is an opportunity for me and forum members to benefit from price arbitrage between the two countries.

γεια χαρά

well i did the opposite this winter and bought couple hives and co stuff from england and will do it again cause i really like those hives but now with brexit customs duties makes it real pain so dont thnik so it ll benefit if anything is cheaper in one or the other country as long as custom office exist

είμαι ερασιτέχνης μελισσουργός αλλά κ άνεργος το τελευταίο καιρό οπότε αν χρειαστείς ποτέ εργατικά χέρια,οτιδήποτε, βάλε μου μια φωνή κ το συζητάμε

ok, i will keep that in mind . Thank you

Any imports to the UK would be subject to 20% VAT

only after adding any customs duty
Thats a good point. I have some previous experience in importing goods to UK and selling on online platforms through fulfillment centers, also been VAT and EORI registered in UK. However despite those costs, i still believe that there is an opportunity here. If you could please check the link above with the indicative prices maybe you find certain goods with enough price difference.

Latest posts

Back