emptied the hive!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"ne of our members has had just one frame of brood removed from a hive last season"

at least that isn't the end of the world unless the queen is on that frame at the time!!!

This will be recessed into my hive. Somewhere. Its smaller than a lighter. Works up to 10 metres away in doors and further outdoors. Programmed to give clues to geocashers to help find the geocache it can easily be programmed to say "This is attatched to a beehive and has been stolen call (and then your number) immediately please" and is picked up on any modern (cant think of the bit of kit) satnav thingy - GPS! thats it remembered. As geocaching is massive now it may quite cheaply provide some hope.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=74811&ra=true

Storm™;107140 said:
This will be recessed into my hive. Somewhere. Its smaller than a lighter. Works up to 10 metres away in doors and further outdoors. Programmed to give clues to geocashers to help find the geocache it can easily be programmed to say "This is attatched to a beehive and has been stolen call (and then your number) immediately please" and is picked up on any modern (cant think of the bit of kit) satnav thingy - GPS! thats it remembered. As geocaching is massive now it may quite cheaply provide some hope.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=74811&ra=true

fantastical.. except will only give messages to garmin handhelds.. not sure how many are bout really. is a years battery life long enough. if it was more than say 20m from a road or footpath then it'll never be found

i was thinking along similar lines with a bluetag (bluetooth version of the same) but i can't seem to find a wa to make it only send the message when the hive is not in position.. i'd hate to have people constantly phoning me to tell me my hive has been stolen and is at my address..

decided against it as if (highly likely) the 4$$h0l3 who nicks it has a mobile phone on at the time they will know it's there before they even get to the hive, and even if i could use the within 10meters of a mobile it's coneected to to inhibit it going off, they will still know to look for it while setting up the hive wherever they do.. as they will recive a bluetooth message as they leave my drive.

silvent tracer would be best, like they attach to kids prone to runnign fof in the US.. mightily expensive though

Somebody has mentioned razor blades and someone else mentioned using hypodermic needles. What about carpet gripper rods used in some way? Nasty little sharp nails on them :) Thieving sods!

you would need to attach a warning notice if you put anything that might cause injury to someone.

Latest posts

Back