Electric 20 Frame Radial Extractor 3in1 vs. Tetra Plus

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

local_beekeeper

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
National 50, Langstroth 10
Does anyone have any experience with this extractors?

Thanks

Thread (post) bump.

Any views on either of these options? Is the tetra plus worth the extra ~£2.3k?

20 frame radial extractor 3in1 is Lyson/Abelo, Tetra Plus is Thomas via Thornes.

Are there any other similar models? Can't see anything by Konigin, Lega have an 18 frame version through Park Beekeeping that is roughly halfway between the above options in price.

Last edited:
I have the 20 frame Abelo/Lyson radial extractor.
It is excellent.

If I was spending that much would have a fritz 20 frame spinner and a api-melter/melliflow, this would make a more useful combination as extractor could be used tang way for heather and warmer for melting capping's and buckets of honey.

Why are these extracting equipment so expensive sure there made of inexpensive material,

If I was spending that much would have a fritz 20 frame spinner and a api-melter/melliflow, this would make a more useful combination as extractor could be used tang way for heather and warmer for melting capping's and buckets of honey.

Haven't looked at the price you're talking about but :iagree:

Good combination & beware if you use Manleys - not all extractors will accept

Why are these extracting equipment so expensive sure there made of inexpensive material,
I agreed I used to work in sheet metal and used to make food grade steel bins for a bakery and food eqipment supplier and when you compare how much they were made for and how much they are sold for is ridiculous. I remember one being made including labour materials and other costs we sold them for £88 a piece yet the bakery company sold them for £600

That's what Abelo recommended to me yesterday at Beetradex, actively steered me away from the 3 in 1 extractor (difficult to drain fully, strained clog up with wax very readily). Their 30 frame radial rather than the Fritz 20 frame though, somewhat obviously.
Not likely to be extracting Heather honey tangentially any time soon so don't need that option.

How deep are your pockets?

Two 20 frame radials would be better than one... as one can be filled and let to run as other is being emptied and refilled...... how many frames to extract?

Ours are old Thomas 20 frame fitted with new speed and direction controls...... most useful device is a balance to weigh frames to set up correctly.. a centrifuge taking off like a whirling dervish is not a pretty sight!

Hivemaker's new swing basket beast looks like the bees knees tho!

How deep are your pockets?

Available space is an equally significant constraint.

Eric Hiam at Maisemore was also keen on 2 parallel extractors running into a single baffle tank when I asked him last autumn what he would recommend. He wasn't keen on a single unit uncapper/extractor - I think Lega do one and they sell Lega extraction kit.

I find 20 frames in the carl fritz even unbalanced, the unit is rock steady. Slowing the speed down and spinning in reverse etc all helps.
If the frames aren’t balanced it just takes a little longer to spin out. did look at the fully auto models however couldn’t justify the extra ££££. In hindsight happy with that decision as the manual speed dial allows for things like above to be catered for. Some honeys are stickier than others so as usual one cap doesn’t fit all.

Last edited:
Available space is an equally significant constraint.

Eric Hiam at Maisemore was also keen on 2 parallel extractors running into a single baffle tank when I asked him last autumn what he would recommend. He wasn't keen on a single unit uncapper/extractor - I think Lega do one and they sell Lega extraction kit.

Also looked at that idea... you do need room to move around the extractors.

Sticking to 2 single 20 frame and have plans to move them to a new building as now in the way of the bottling plant!!
Also like the facility to extract from individual apiaries at different times instead of selling in bulk......

We each have our own ideas... but good to look into others set ups... to avoid expensive mistakes !

Let us know what you go for.

Chons da

Get a longer (1.5m) apimelter plus a single 20 frame.
You can stack your next 20 uncapped frame in the apimleter whilst spinning out the first ones.
I say get a longer one because with my steam uncapping knife on my melliflow melter I can only stack 10 before adding a super above them for next 10. 2 extractors means one is always idle....so waste of money in my book.

I use the Abelo 20 frame extractor and find little wobble when unevenly balanced. Very pleased with it and their mellifllow....both very well made and extremely competitively priced.

Beefriendly - 1500mm melliflow would stretch (or more accurately squash) the space constraints beyond limits.

Abelo's credit facility is very tempting......

Abelo's credit facility is very tempting......

Well do what I do an add a super on top of the frames.

I must say I'm not sure how Abelo manage to do that 0% credit and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on it. It sounds too good to be true....but it all seems kosher! The only catch I can find is a) You need to spend over £300....not a big problem. The big catch is repaying it.....someone mentioned a bottling table....they are not that big...I've seen them it WILL fit in my shed.
I must not go to Abelo's next week it will be the end of me.....perhaps the week after though :)

Get a longer (1.5m) apimelter plus a single 20 frame.
You can stack your next 20 uncapped frame in the apimleter whilst spinning out the first ones.
I say get a longer one because with my steam uncapping knife on my melliflow melter I can only stack 10 before adding a super above them for next 10. 2 extractors means one is always idle....so waste of money in my book.

I use the Abelo 20 frame extractor and find little wobble when unevenly balanced. Very pleased with it and their mellifllow....both very well made and extremely competitively priced.

We fill one whilst the other is spinning..... and I am not allowed any sharp implements at my age... so have to use a hot gun to uncap!

Apimelter a must if OSR is about!!

:calmdown:

I must say I'm not sure how Abelo manage to do that 0% credit and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on it. It sounds too good to be true....but it all seems kosher! The only catch I can find is a) You need to spend over £300....not a big problem. The big catch is repaying it.....someone mentioned a bottling table....they are not that big...I've seen them it WILL fit in my shed.
I must not go to Abelo's next week it will be the end of me.....perhaps the week after though :)

Beetradex prices were 10% off the catalogue price with no credit option so that may give some clue as to how they're financing it. But i have never worked in retail let alone credit finance. Might be worth seeing what the best cash price would be?

Back