eBay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
What do you do when you have sent a valuable article to somebody who then says it’s damaged and has started a return process then is blocking the courier’s access to that return?
Honestly there are some absolute shysters around.

What do you do when you have sent a valuable article to somebody who then says it’s damaged and has started a return process then is blocking the courier’s access to that return?
I stopped selling on there because it was so easy for dishonest toe-rags to rip you off and ebay is worse than useless in supporting the people who pay the fees for the their platform to exist.

Indeed. Stan sent a camper awning. He's been driving me mad trying to get this sorted. He and computers do not mix. Oil and water.
Lesson learned for both of us

First ask for a photo to prove it is damaged

Yes he’s done that. There are a couple of patches that I think he’s put on.
He obviously wants the refund and the awning.

We've sold quite a bit over the years .. not had much bother - someone complained that an Ocean heavy weather sailing suit was 'too heavy' .. and said that the advert had not descibed it as so heavy ... Moron !

Our son sold a camera lens that the buyer claimed was faulty ... fortunately he is fastidious and photographs everything in detail including any identifying serial numbers/marks and photos of any flaws. Plus photos of the packaging ... the lens the buyer sent back was the same model but a different serial number and faulty. Ebay were very good -with the evidence presented they returned the refunded payment to our son and deleted the buyers account. Ben repaired the faulty lens and sold it ! Sometimes you get lucky... but, you have to make sure you cover all the angles...

It should not be necessary but there are people who are dishonest ...

Expensive learning curve ....
I've only sold a couple of items on eBay but I buy a lot. In many years I've only had problems with three or four. I had a non delivery last week and despite saying I still wanted the item eBay simply refunded my money. PO tracking didn't show a dispatch so maybe I wasn't the only one to complain?

Anyway. It’s on the way back to us. The only thing I can think of is he’s replaced it with a damaged one and kept ours. I’ve searched the metadata of his photos in case they were taken before his complaint but trying a few exif apps the data appears to have been wiped.

I stopped selling on ebay a few years ago as a result of fraudulent buyers and Ebays complete lack of concern about vendors getting ripped off.
They seem to side with the buyer most of the time .

Perhaps send them a letter to their address threatening them with the police for theft if they do not return if they get their refund.

I stopped selling on ebay a few years ago as a result of fraudulent buyers and Ebays complete lack of concern about vendors getting ripped off.
They seem to side with the buyer most of the time .
The way they treat sellers is appalling. I regularly paid £4,000 plus annually in fees but one dishonest buyer could send bad feedback and I was banned for a time. When it your income that is at stake all you can do is roll over and accept it. I used to offer free shipping before it was compulsory and they would still ban me for a month for poor selling stats. The only one that was sub par was shipping cost!
Ebay response was that it was the buyers view and couldn't be altered so the ban stays!

The way they treat sellers is appalling. I regularly paid £4,000 plus annually in fees but one dishonest buyer could send bad feedback and I was banned for a time. When it your income that is at stake all you can do is roll over and accept it. I used to offer free shipping before it was compulsory and they would still ban me for a month for poor selling stats. The only one that was sub par was shipping cost!
Ebay response was that it was the buyers view and couldn't be altered so the ban stays!
The last straw for me was two things in one week.
I stated quite clearly that postage must be tracked or signed for, no other options.
Guy from Spain bought something then said he did not want to pay the postage cost.
Ebay cancelled the order without even contacting me.
Then the same week I had a "I want everything in the photo" buyer. Inspite of me plainly saying models in the picture are not for sale and only the model building is for sale and including ten other photos of the single model building.
Ebay told me he could send it back at my cost and I refund him the money and they would still charge me their cut.
He broke every ebay rule there is and got off scot free !
I quit there and then, deleted my paypal account and refused to pay them their cut.
I even got a seven days to pay or enforcement action will be taken.
Ignored.
Rant over !

Latest posts

Back