Early Choices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was just when to buy

StG since it's not in the thread yet. If you are buying enought to set-up 2 hives (the minimum you'll need to be able to donate brood etc) then Sat 20 Nov is Thornes sale day at Wragby, Mkt Rasen, Lincs, a bit of a drive from Kent but worth it with your size of shopping list perhaps - and you can get seconds which they dont do over the web. If you are going 14x12 buy National BBs and base eke them, much cheaper and more flexible.

StG since it's not in the thread yet. If you are buying enought to set-up 2 hives (the minimum you'll need to be able to donate brood etc) then Sat 20 Nov is Thornes sale day at Wragby, Mkt Rasen, Lincs, a bit of a drive from Kent but worth it with your size of shopping list perhaps - and you can get seconds which they dont do over the web. If you are going 14x12 buy National BBs and base eke them, much cheaper and more flexible.

Windsor is much closer and according to Thornes emails the sale is on the 9th October. It'll be a scrum :boxing_smiley:(as they all are especially if you're after bits for Nationals) and arrival after 8:00am means you're unlikely to get anything.
Luckily it's only 6 miles up the road for me ..:cheers2:

I haven't attended any sales (bit far from France) but from what I have read it is a good idea to take a buddy to guard your purchases while you pay/ search for that final bit.

Latest posts

Back