Dusty's bees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Καλημέρα dusty
Είμαι βέβαιος ότι οι μέλισσες σας είναι ασφαλή με kazz. Ο Θεός θα παρακολουθήσουν πάνω της και να τους κρατήσει ασφαλή

Ευχαριστώ πολύ. Ξέρω ότι θα είναι εντάξει . αλλά υπάρχουν άγρια ​​καταιγίδες εδώ στην Αθήνα ! καλή σου μέρα.

Δυστη

Ευχαριστώ πολύ. Ξέρω ότι θα είναι εντάξει . αλλά υπάρχουν άγρια ​​καταιγίδες εδώ στην Αθήνα ! καλή σου μέρα.

Δυστη

You should have stayed at home. It's lovely here! :icon_204-2:

Pah! Don't know what all the fuss was about! Went really smoothly. The bees were their usual, well behaved selves. No swarm preps at all, supers filling nicely. I tell you what though, its bloody warm in that garden! Glad to get the suit off!

All is well Dusty! Carry on holidaying. Cancel the jet ;)

Looks like the carppy Manchester weather is going to scupper my 2nd inspection of Dusty's bees :/ Very disappointed, but they have plenty to do and lots of room so I dont think there is any danger of them swarming. I was really looking forward to it too. Damn you rain! :nono:

Northern weather

I don't intend to alarm you Kazz, but I checked mine on 8th June and also saw no sign of swarm preparations, other that some empty cups. Got caught out delaying inspections because of rain last year. So yesterday I dodged the showers and checked again - found mutiple Queen Cells!

Happily the Queen was still there...

I don't intend to alarm you Kazz, but I checked mine on 8th June and also saw no sign of swarm preparations, other that some empty cups. Got caught out delaying inspections because of rain last year. So yesterday I dodged the showers and checked again - found mutiple Queen Cells!

Happily the Queen was still there...

Oh great! Lol

I'm sure Dusty chooses this time to go on holiday just to laugh at me getting in a tizz.

Just looked out of the window and thought I could probably get away with it if it, got up to grab my phone, starts to piddle down again. My app is saying between 60 and 70% chance of rain and storms all day. Trying to think of a way around this.

Try 1pm

The google weather says lowest chance of rain then.

Be prepared - be there and ready and waiting, have everything good to go and then get in and get it done as soon as there's no rain.

Will your OH suit up and hold a brolly for you in case it starts spitting?

It's a bummer when you have to get in and the weathers bad. All the bees are at home as well

Yes. I inspected some last night. They welcomed me in the traditional way :D

Kaz, just get in there.
I've been discussing the in a and outs of a Demarree with JBM.
I've always appreciated how well it should work but have been worried about the lifting and getting that 14x12 brood on top of the stack.
Stan and I have worked it out without arguing :)
I have a colony on the cusp of swarming when I looked in 5 days ago
Dodging showers today

Swarm cells and a dead queen on the landing board.....well at least we still have the bees.
I re-marked her on the last visit and I guess they just balled her. She looked OK and she certainly wasn't there last night.
Hey ho..........

Kaz, don't fret.

You've been more than kind in offering to help.
A really responsible beek wouldn't have gone away!

Trying to juggle weather and access and assistance, isn't easy.

If they go, they go. Maybe they will hole up in the swarm catcher?
Last I heard from my son, that was all quiet.

Don't panic, lass!

Dusty

I could have done them yesterday morning, but Adam said he doesn't get up until around midday, and by then it was chucking down again. I can do tomorrow if you like!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back