Driving test "Dumbed Down"!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
So the driving-test has been made easier!

Aren't we over run with idiots on the road already? :svengo:
People who, on their 10th test just get lucky?

If you can't pass the test on your 3rd or 4th time you should be barred from another for a specific time period NOT have the test made easier for you to pass!:hairpull:

Perhaps that's why my daughter only started to learn yesterday when she has been avoiding it for the last 14 years ;)

Are they going to teach map reading for when the GPS fails or are we to get lots of inexperienced drivers going around in circles?

:hairpull:

From that report:

such as driving into and reversing out of a parking space

Ha ha! Only idiot drivers leave their cars parked in frontwards and needing to reverse out (yes, there are an awful lot that do it that way). Bloody dangerous - they can't always drive into a space and can't see to reverse out. Reversing in also allows other drivers (who reverse in) to have a much clearer exit, too. So one might say that those that drive in are inconsiderate of other drivers.

Two places I know of will not allow parking in their car parks unless the vehicles are reversed into the spaces (or at least can drive out forwards). Both cite safety as the reason for the rule.

Plain common sense.

From that report:

Ha ha! Only idiot drivers leave their cars parked in frontwards and needing to reverse out (yes, there are an awful lot that do it that way). Bloody dangerous - they can't always drive into a space and can't see to reverse out. Reversing in also allows other drivers (who reverse in) to have a much clearer exit, too. So one might say that those that drive in are inconsiderate of other drivers.

Two places I know of will not allow parking in their car parks unless the vehicles are reversed into the spaces (or at least can drive out forwards). Both cite safety as the reason for the rule.

Plain common sense.
If you have a pushchair in the boot of the car you will never get it out if you reverse into the space, also if you have loads of shopping or sacks of compost etc that you need to put into the boot you would have to move the (reversed in) car and leave it sitting there while it was loaded.

I would be more worried about not testing that drivers are able to do 3 point turns. Also relying on satnav is daft, if we get solar flares interfering with satellites etc you will end up with chaos, everyone should be able to read a map.

My husband works imaginary pedals on his side of the car when I am driving; the brake more than the others ;)
I'm thinking of getting him a toy steering wheel to clip on the dash.

What have they took out to make it easier?

The more difficult bits that the "right brain dominant" fools fail!

Parked at Tesco the other day, waited for the driver of the car (just parked front end in) to lock up, then reversed in. Was told "excuse me, you've not left enough room for me to get back into my car".

I resisted the urge to point out that she might be better off buying salad. :piggy:
However, I did point out that she was parked considerably closer to the white bay lines than I was and left her to it.

From that report:

Only idiot drivers leave their cars parked in frontwards and needing to reverse out (yes, there are an awful lot that do it that way). Bloody dangerous . . . . . . .

Then yesterday I drove through forwards, to park in the opposite side facing out & was confronted by a couple wanting to drive into the bay alongside mine.
They gave disapproving looks then shunted backwards & forwards (in their Renault Kangoo) achieving an angled position rear wheels on the line, my side. :eek:

We all got out at the same time exchanging stern stares, :hairpull:I said please accept my humble apologies. :ohthedrama:
I was under the obvious miss-conception that at least some of the carpark was available for everyone else to use!:rules::banghead:

We are used to driving around narrow Devon lanes, but I'm convinced some drivers think indicators are on the cars to make them look pretty rather than to signal a maneuver.

We are used to driving around narrow Devon lanes, but I'm convinced some drivers think indicators are on the cars to make them look pretty rather than to signal a maneuver.

Now I have a girtlikken 110 Defender I do not seem to have any problem with "other" motorists!

Not sure what competency a driving test gives... bit like the BBKA basic exam I expect!!

Yeghes da

A question:
You are waiting at a 4-way junction (eg traffic lights) and are indicating to turn right.
Stopped opposite and facing you, and also indicating to turn (to their) right, is another car.
The lights change to green for both of you.
How exactly do you manoeuvre around each other to both turn right?

A question:
You are waiting at a 4-way junction (eg traffic lights) and are indicating to turn right.
Stopped opposite and facing you, and also indicating to turn (to their) right, is another car.
The lights change to green for both of you.
How exactly do you manoeuvre around each other to both turn right?

That's easy. Drive and turn behind each other. Have I just failed my test?

My husband works imaginary pedals on his side of the car when I am driving; the brake more than the others ;)

I'm thinking of getting him a toy steering wheel to clip on the dash.

You should. My mum does this with anyone driving and my wife grabs the seat and braces at things I haven't even seen, usually a cat 30' off the side of the road.

I tell her she can grab the seat but it is going with her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back