don't try this at home kids

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those sorts of demonstrations always worry me. It could all too easily go horribly wrong. It is a bit like "swimming with dolphins" - all well and good until the 75 kilo predator next to you decides to use its considerable advantage in water for unplanned purposes.

.....It is a bit like "swimming with dolphins" - all well and good until the 75 kilo predator next to you decides to use its considerable advantage in water for unplanned purposes.

Shouldn't that be porpoises?

Sorry

Ian

I think they spray queen pheromone onto themselves to do that sort of thng. There was a documentary on recently about swarms. There was a man that had covered himself in pheromone and was like a walking swarm.

The thing that would worry me would be how to get them off. They might decide they quite like it there and you could be wondering around for hours with a beard of bees!

The thing that would worry me would be how to get them off. They might decide they quite like it there and you could be wondering around for hours with a beard of bees!

perhaps something to try with someone you can't stand to hear, the bees will hopefully seal up the mouth area...

perhaps something to try with someone you can't stand to hear, the bees will hopefully seal up the mouth area...

Pity my mother in law is dead.. an interesting experiment :)

Now that is exactly the stupid sort of stunt that could go horribly wrong, really dumb and sends out completely the wrong message.

Chris

This stunt was pulled at Quince honey farm .
Look closely and you'll see a caged Queen under her chin.
The child looks under age .
I wonder if crb checks were done on the perpetrators ?

John Wilkinson

crb checks- perpetrators- stupid stunt, dont know about that , it looks like a bit of a crack to me and the girl seems to be happy enough. you should all learn to live and let live IMHO

crb checks- perpetrators- stupid stunt, dont know about that , it looks like a bit of a crack to me and the girl seems to be happy enough. you should all learn to live and let live IMHO

All bees can kick off!!
confused bees are the most likely to kick off.

Yes I know the bees have been conditioned and I know how but when things go wrong they go spectacularly wrong !
The girl is too young to be aware of just what can go wrong ??
The crb was tongue in cheek.

John Wilkinson

Saw this yesterday on a FB link: the girl was raising money for charity and worked on the farm sometimes. The owner said it was the first time someone hadn't been stung when they'd done it there. Sigh....

Back