Dont know what to call this...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The article was probably funded by the automatic car washing syndicate. Oil Giants to be precise who have money to buy 'adverts' like these.
People have chosen to use the hand wash, because it doesn't, A) inject salt under your paintwork B)leave scuff marks in your paint work C) leaves most of the dirt on the car and/or streaks.
Some people have lovely cars and the only option is a hand wash that wont rip off your fender.
It has nothing to do with the economy.
checkout people give me a headache does this count?
Checkout people work for a very low wage, can't have a drink for 4 hrs, but have to chat politely to all kinds of people, have to work under severe scrutiny, wear absurd uniforms and take abuse on a daily basis. THEY ARE PEOPLE NOT A PRODUCT. May I recommend you read Pygmalion?

Last edited:
Checkout people work for a very low wage, can't have a drink for 4 hrs, but have to chat politely to all kinds of people, have to work under severe scrutiny, wear absurd uniforms and take abuse on a daily basis. THEY ARE PEOPLE NOT A PRODUCT. May I recommend you read Pygmalion?

iagree: and not only is their diction poor but their manners leave a lot to be desired.
maybe we should emand that all checkout operatorstake coacking in deportment and courtesy as well as elocution lessons ?

and as for hand car washes - the majority are set up by a predatory lot exploiting illegal immigrants - tantamount to modern day slavery; and setting these depots up for money laundering purposes :facts:

JBM.....Hard as it might be for you to imagine, people have vehicles that get washed and polished everyday.
You probably wash to get the Cow Dung off the bottom of your sills. Before the it makes them rot.
Valeting is Big Business, MEN love their cars. Some love them more than their women. Especially the Wealthy ones.;-)
Checkout People are usually wives of Teachers, Ambulance Drivers, Fire Brigade Personnel and Police Officers, the Supermarkets do not accept the type of people you suggesting.

Am I in the matrix again?
what 'type of people' did I suggest supermarkets employ. and I don't remember one mention of Tesco or Asda in Pygmalion

I was talking of hand car washes and I do know what i'm talking about and I do know what type of people run them I and my colleagues regularly deal with them in my line of work.

And why would you want to wash the cowdung off your car - we have rain and rivers for that kind of thing :D

MEN love their cars.

Sad really.

They save up all their money to buy the car of thier dreams..............

Then when they get it, they realise that everybody else has one, or one that looks just the same.

Everything said here is wrong.

For example, I am a man and I hate my car. I love my van, but that's beside the point!

My daughter used to work in a shop and her diction, manners, grammar and politeness were second to none. She was under extreme discipline that most people could not cope with and she brought home very little in her pay packet. She was not married to a teacher, ambulance driver or a policeman. Btw, she also is very accurate when typing into her Ipad.

So you are wrong about the things I know about and I suspect you are wrong about the other things as well. Maybe some car washes are money laundering organisations (Breaking Bad) employing slave labour, but I'm guessing some of them are completely legit.

Maybe we should organise coaching in tolerance and respect.

Hear, hear!

My son drew a picture of flowers when he was 8. We have kept it for years stuck to the door between the kitchen and utility room.

There is a caption under it which says; " Imagine what we could grow if we planted the right seeds".

Back