Don't be misled - free delivery

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10 poly hives
You may have received emails from Bee Equipment telling you that orders over £100 are free.

Not so if you buy MAQS - the value of this purchase does not count!!

You may have received emails from Bee Equipment telling you that orders over £100 are free.

Not so if you buy MAQS - the value of this purchase does not count!!

Their website specifically states treatments do not qualify for the free delivery offer.

"Free Shipping Exclusions

Glass, Buckets, Treatments, Fondant, Liquid Feeds and Patties do not ship for free"
https://bee-equipment.co.uk/pages/shipping

Despite my increasing senility, I did notice this and purchased over £400 of treatment and other products for our Association members with a delivery cost of £11 odd.

Hi All,
Well ive just had a delivery which included MAQS to make it just over £100. and it was delivered free ?????????

Who knows!

I would be glad to hand over a box of MAQS with one strip missing if someone wants to cover postage, I won't be using the stuff again.:mad:

Hi All,
Well ive just had a delivery which included MAQS to make it just over £100. and it was delivered free ?????????

Who knows!

its due to pricing structure.
orders over £100 so there will be say 10% added to the base price of products to allow for postage, as we know there is no such thing as free postage !
the mark up on certain products is so small or the overall market price so low that should the 10% be added to allow for carriage it would make the product look over priced and therefore is going to be a slow seller.
when a combination of post free / non free items are purchased all at once and the value is over the set min for free postage it will go as free postage due to the possible fact that the sites shopping cart is set that way with the likley hood that the majority of items purchased are covered for free post and the minority not and any short fall balanced from overall markup

........ Despite my increasing senility, I did notice this and purchased over £400 of treatment and other products for our Association members with a delivery cost of £11 odd.

I note from their website that they don't exactly specify a delivery time....May I ask if they did specify when the goods would arrive and, if so, how long was it and did they meet that target? ! Thanks

I note from their website that they don't exactly specify a delivery time....May I ask if they did specify when the goods would arrive and, if so, how long was it and did they meet that target? ! Thanks

I ordered 1pm 27th July
Received 3pm 28th July.

I thought a very good service..(we are at or near the end of a delivery route for Stoke on Trent - 0.5 miles away is Cheshire)

Last edited:

You normally get a delivery estimate soon after order confirmation, the last few times I have ordered stuff it has been next day. I always use them in an emergency as in my experience they have beaten other companies hands down and I have usually had free delivery too.

Only bugbear I have is that I wish I had never bought those blasted modified nationals. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back