GasVap

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Has anybody ever bought one from these guys?

I placed an order for one over a week ago.
I have not received any order confirmation at all, although they have taken the money.

I emailed to enquire about my order, no response…
I ordered as it was reviewed by a well known bee keeper but clearly that the glowing product review is not reflected in their service.

I have not received any order confirmation at all, although they have taken the money.

I ordered as it was reviewed by a well known bee keeper but clearly that the glowing product review is not reflected in their service.
I’ve had one for many years and John is a good guy but does run the business on his own so maybe a bit tied up.
I would just send him another mail and I’m sure he’ll get back to you.

I had a response from Annette.

There are a good few of us on here that have GasVaps ... most of us rate them as a good bit of kit and good value. John is a member on here and posted the plans when he first developed it ... he's made a bit of a success of it and it's a one man band cottage industry, but he's a good guy so give him a bit of leeway.

The Gasvap takes a bit of getting used to ... there are quite a few threads about it on here if you do a search for GasVap - you would do to have a read of them before using it in anger. There are a few negative comments but on the whole it's a good bit of kit if you just have a few hives to treat and don't have power on site and don't want to lug a car battery around. There are some superb devices now available for OA sublimation but ... a lot more expensive than the GasVap.

There are a good few of us on here that have GasVaps ... most of us rate them as a good bit of kit and good value. John is a member on here and posted the plans when he first developed it ... he's made a bit of a success of it and it's a one man band cottage industry, but he's a good guy so give him a bit of leeway.

The Gasvap takes a bit of getting used to ... there are quite a few threads about it on here if you do a search for GasVap - you would do to have a read of them before using it in anger. There are a few negative comments but on the whole it's a good bit of kit if you just have a few hives to treat and don't have power on site and don't want to lug a car battery around. There are some superb devices now available for OA sublimation but ... a lot more expensive than the GasVap.
Thanks for the advice and the extra heads up on the maker.

This will be my first time with OA and I am rather apprehensive about it.

One concern I have is that I have painted WBC hives, will the pipe melt the landing board?

One concern I have is that I have painted WBC hives, will the pipe melt the landing board?
There's an extension tube with the Gasvap but if you have WBC hives you would be better off making an eke to go on the top of the lifts and vape from the top down ... you need the OA to be in the brood box(es) not in the space between the outer boxes and the lifts.

There's an extension tube with the Gasvap but if you have WBC hives you would be better off making an eke to go on the top of the lifts and vape from the top down ... you need the OA to be in the brood box(es) not in the space between the outer boxes and the lifts.
I have a spare brood box, could I add that on, drill a small hole in it, put the crown board on top and vape top down that way?

I have a spare brood box, could I add that on, drill a small hole in it, put the crown board on top and vape top down that way?
You might find that a bit of a large space to get the sublimate down into the brood box where it is needed - the gaseous OA comes out of its gaseous state and sublimates very quickly. You would be better to make a piece of plywood to cover the holes in the crownboard and drill a hole in that to vape through. Or, rather than a brood box have you got a super you could use ? You can always block the hole with a golf tee or a plug of some sort.

Takes getting used to.

I had a delay in getting mine too, think they had some health things going on but that was a while back.

Yes, will likely melt any paint on the landing board. Could try using high temperature silicone tubing to insulate the vent. these silicone plugs are available for the instavap as an example.
if using the extension tube for the gasvap be aware that the gasvap needs to be warmed up for longer before use. if not the OA condenses in the extension tube blocking it first time out and needs removing

Silicone insulation for polyfoam hives (3pcs/pack) – InstantVap

Ordered mine on the 29th of Jan, had a follow up email on the 30th to say that it would be posted no later than 2nd Feb, still nothing related to being sent or a tracking number.

Seems delayed a bit to me, nothing major however with the current wait,
Hoping it arrives this week.

Ordered mine on the 29th of Jan, had a follow up email on the 30th to say that it would be posted no later than 2nd Feb, still nothing related to being sent or a tracking number.

Seems delayed a bit to me, nothing major however with the current wait,
Hoping it arrives this week.
Arrived today - very pleased with the unit , Works well 👍

I finally got around to using this at the weekend and was pleased with it.
i just drilled a hole in a block of wood and placed that over the feeding holes in the crown board and vaped from the top.

A great small and light piece of kit.

Latest posts

Back