MAKE SURE YOUR BEES ARE HYDRATED IN THIS HEAT!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Anyone else seen this junk email from Thorne today? Completely bonkers. "Buy Mineral Bee", basically.

I'm not entirely sure what I find most bizarre about the entire thing. Possibly that they describe it as having "chemical free" and then list the ingredients as:

Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium , Sodium, Nitrogen, Glutamic Acid, Phosphorus, Chloride, Boron, Iron, Manganese, Fatty Acids, Molybdenum, Silicon, Sulphur, Zinc, Lithium, Copper, Chromium, Strontium, Vanadium, Nickel, Bromine, Iodine, Rubidium.

I believe they may have missed the primary ingredient however, that being snake oil.

James

I saw that too & laughed.

"scientifically proven to contain the same key minerals and trace elements as honey and pollen."

So what?!
If pollen provided all the elements the bees need they wouldn't need to forage water with a preference for murky water.

Yes ... I got it and deleted it ... what was more worrying was that there was the implication that bees needed feeding in this weather - I fear there will be the gullible rushing to get their feeders out of storage ... It's unlike Thornes to send out these sort of junk mails - I have a lot of time for Thornes - I hope this is not a trend.

Snake oil with added nitrates

The association puts out scaremongering messages-often about starvation in June
Newbies won't read the bit about actually checking before panicking and flood the hive with syrup.

Snake oil with added nitrates

The association puts out scaremongering messages-often about starvation in June
Newbies won't read the bit about actually checking before panicking and flood the hive with syrup.
My local association did a teaching session on feeding about a month back. They even did a little video on YouTube explaining what to do. It wasn’t a split that they were feeding either.

Anyone else seen this junk email from Thorne today? Completely bonkers. "Buy Mineral Bee", basically.

I'm not entirely sure what I find most bizarre about the entire thing. Possibly that they describe it as having "chemical free" and then list the ingredients as:

Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium , Sodium, Nitrogen, Glutamic Acid, Phosphorus, Chloride, Boron, Iron, Manganese, Fatty Acids, Molybdenum, Silicon, Sulphur, Zinc, Lithium, Copper, Chromium, Strontium, Vanadium, Nickel, Bromine, Iodine, Rubidium.

I believe they may have missed the primary ingredient however, that being snake oil.

James
I was going to post a similar message but someone came to the door and I forgot until now. Now I'll be getting worried messages about colonies "at risk" because they are having to use ordinary water. Bullshit baffles brains as usual 😕

Mine have spent spring stuffing their frames with stores. They don't need any help from me if they get hungry, they can just pop upstairs.

Latest posts

Back