Do you thank the land owner?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarynWebb

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I keep my bee's on a farm and due to a lack of honey this year I gave the farmer a nice big bottle whiskey as a thanks for letting me use his land, do you gift and if so what amount of honey do you think is good to give for the year?

I give him a jar in summer and one at Xmas ordinarily- but this year he got an Xmas card and thanks as only have 5 jars left!! My bees pollinate his land too!

Shame on me, I never thought of a xmas presy for mine, although he had a few jars of honey and I fixed his tractor and the clutch on his 1965 MGB, Think I'll send a card this weekend

3 jars of honey to a landowner, in return I received frozen fruit from the garden and 3 jars of honey to a farmer as a thank you for setting up a few hives on his land.

The farm I keep hive on keeps live stock, so my bee's don't really benefit him other than the fruit trees he has :)

One jar of honey per hive on his ground .
Frankly its a very small price to pay . Be generous folks !
G

Few jars of honey through the year and a bottle of whisky at Christmas keeps my friendly landlady happy. Mind you she gives me more jam, marmalade etc than I can eat!!

A jar to all my near neighbours with flowers in their gardens, about three in total, a bit rural out here.

Shame on me, I never thought of a xmas presy for mine, although he had a few jars of honey and I fixed his tractor and the clutch on his 1965 MGB, Think I'll send a card this weekend

There's space for a few more hives in my apiary. How do you feel about respraying a midget? :D

How do you feel about respraying a midget?

How tall are you and what colour are you painted now?:icon_204-2:

Edit: sorry, musn't make midget jokes.

Last year we gave all the landowners that we have colonies on 12 jars each. This year we have had to go down to 6.
They all said that they were not expecting anything as the weather was not too good.
Damn, could have saved 42 jars:banghead:

Had no honey to gift and both "The Lord & The Lady of the Manor" are tee total! :svengo:

She gave my wife some of their excess cane fruit and some home made Jam Too!

What can I do??
May scatter some H-B seeds on their land so they can enjoy the pink blossom next year
:nature-smiley-013:

Had no honey to gift and both "The Lord & The Lady of the Manor" are tee total! :svengo:

She gave my wife some of their excess cane fruit and some home made Jam Too!

What can I do??
May scatter some H-B seeds on their land so they can enjoy the pink blossom next year
:nature-smiley-013:

There's gratitude!

our local farmer gets a trickled supply of jars through the year for grand daughter to have on porridge. Don't have bees on their land but only get charged post hanging weight for extra mature local beef that i order (at least 7 weeks) and ability to collect at hours at night when i can get to them.

I give the landowners I have my hives on honey every year , suddenly there are bags of turnips outside my door a kind of repayment , trailer load of timber no payment necessary maybe a jar of honey , another farmer I have hives on his land is our local landlord( pub) and tells everybody that comes in he has his own personal stock of honey & practically forces a spoon of it down their throats to taste before they have to buy a few jars in order to buy a pint. It pays me to sweeten them up. My two hives went to 16 in a few years & the market locally for my honey is larger. Thanks to word of mouth at the local mart & pub.
Be generous with your honey to the guys that let you put bees on their land. It pays .
bee-smillie
I got a few prizes in a local honey show and it was on a local paper now if anybody new comes to the pub & doesn't know about the award winning honey on the landlords land , they all tell them.

Be generous with your honey to the guys that let you put bees on their land. It pays .

Indeed. A box of honey and hive produce to each farmer a day or two before Christmas, regardless of the season or exactly how many hives have been on his/her land (and for how long) that season. I know they have the services of the bees, but it's a sign of both goodwill and respect in my book.

I give them 1 jar of honey per colony. I also am a customer of them and buy whatever they sell - Pork,turkey,plants from one of them - Vegetables & milk from another one

Latest posts

Back