Do we needs smaller bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ITLD, have you ever considered writing a book?

How about "A year in the life of a Scottish beefarmer?

I would agree that the bees will maintain the cell size and to think the bees would simply get smaller and smaller depending on the age of comb makes no sense and gives no credit to the bees.

It makes me think that given foundation at 5.5mm (if that’s what it is) and they produce cells this size do they when having a clean out do they resize down to the mentioned 5.5mm or do they regulate to a preferred cell size?

I would agree that the bees will maintain the cell size and to think the bees would simply get smaller and smaller depending on the age of comb makes no sense and gives no credit to the bees.

It makes me think that given foundation at 5.5mm (if that’s what it is) and they produce cells this size do they when having a clean out do they resize down to the mentioned 5.5mm or do they regulate to a preferred cell size?

If I use 2 inch cells do I get flying monster bees? Further more can I train them to attack on command?

No point mugging Mr Magoo for his glasses as he never had them with him

ITLD, have you ever considered writing a book?

How about "A year in the life of a Scottish beefarmer?

lol........Absolutely NO chance of me writing a book. You can get perfectly good sleeping pills from the doc, and so much easier to take than chapter after chapter of ME droning on. Been asked before, had a ghost writer offered to me, but answer is still the same. No. Cannot see what good it would do added to the vast array of bee books already out there.

Latest posts

Back