Cut comb weight to Honey ratio

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batcher

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi. About ready to put some chunk honey jars together.
I only have 1lb jars. If I cut a chunk, pop it in the jar and fill with honey will 1lb jar still look full?
don't want to offer it for sale if it looks a bit low on volume. Or maybe its the other way around. I dont mind putting a bit extra honey in to get it to the 'screw' level, but don't want to out do myself by much.
Thanks
Craig

Hi. About ready to put some chunk honey jars together.
I only have 1lb jars. If I cut a chunk, pop it in the jar and fill with honey will 1lb jar still look full?
don't want to offer it for sale if it looks a bit low on volume. Or maybe its the other way around. I dont mind putting a bit extra honey in to get it to the 'screw' level, but don't want to out do myself by much.
Thanks
Craig

A small digital scale with multi scales and a tare function costs only a few pounds on ebay. Why not carry out a few experiments?

Thanks. I do use digital scales. Will experiment.. Thanks. Just wondered if anyone had practical experience.
Craig

I sell 12ox chunk honey and find the level with and without the chunk is more or less the same.

Think about it just s tad. How much honey do you get in a 10 litre bucket, or how much watef can yo get in a pond jar?

Now think:Does wax float on water or sink?

That should sort of help you judge whether the jar needs filling more, thecsame or less.

Actually, there is b****r all wax in a few chunks. Think here how much foundation goes in a whole box and even if they double the wax drawing it.

Zfraid volume is immaterial. A one pound jar should contain one pound of product.

Latest posts

Back