cut comb questions?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a risk that using "natural comb" there will be a change over to drone comb. Not a biggie but still to my thinking not as bonny as worker comb.

PH

Yes PH they will switch from worker to drone and back again perhaps on the same frame you may also if lucky get comb that is not one or the other built in a rush with a big flow on and purely just for honey interestingly with a greater angle sloping back to the vertical mid rib.

Education is the answer, explain to people what is natural and they will prefer it. There is always people who think all foods produced are all uniform in size and colour without imperfections. To me I like the way the bees swap and change from drone to worker comb.

Aye well I'll just continue using foundation. I canna be in the shop to explain the odds you see.

PH

There is a risk that using "natural comb" there will be a change over to drone comb. Not a biggie but still to my thinking not as bonny as worker comb.

Drone size good for cut comb though - less wax to more honey

Latest posts

Back