Covid-19

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to have to cut a nice yew branch and make a bow. Make some metal arrows and pluck a few feathers from the chickens. Spend a bit of enforced idleness time practicing with a straw bale target

Are you going to pin a photo on the bale as a target and do we get to choose?

I just might be becoming more cynical here but,

200 000 people have come forward, (mostly down south) to join the NHS.

Is that truly those who have the skills, ability & training to be productive in this time of crisis?

Or are they just desperate for the NHS Badge (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NHS-National-Health-Service-Metal-Pin-Badge-Patch/254550446430?hash=item3b4463915e:g:X98AAOSwMTRdP9mp)that will enable them to jump the que ahead of the (soon to be) hard pressed Doctors & Nurses.

Incidentally, are any of these "BCR" medics fully up to speed on biological control or will the armed serviced need to be rolling out NBC crash courses?

I imagine that along with Military Medics, the RLC are preparing for their bit, shipping bodies out the back doors of hospitals (away from the media hacks), the infantry regiments are busy with "Tin City training" in prep for the inevitable Inner-city riots that will no doubt follow if this goes into the Summer. :calmdown::calmdown::calmdown:

Let me know if you think I'm wrong:serenade:

Last edited:
"The NHS is likely to cope with coronavirus now that Britain has gone into lockdown, according to the scientist behind tougher government measures.

Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London said that after a scramble to set up thousands more intensive care beds and enforcement of social distancing he was confident that the health service would remain “within capacity”.

The worst of the first wave is likely to pass within three weeks and deaths could be “substantially lower” than 20,000, Professor Ferguson told MPs on the science and technology select committee."
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...with-coronavirus-says-key-scientist-rn5m6nggk

Is that truly those who have the skills, ability & training to be productive in this time of crisis?

Or are they just desperate for the NHS Badge (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NHS-National-Health-Service-Metal-Pin-Badge-Patch/254550446430?hash=item3b4463915e:g:X98AAOSwMTRdP9mp)that will enable them to jump the que ahead of the (soon to be) hard pressed Doctors & Nurses.

Incidentally, are any of these "BCR" medics fully up to speed on biological control or will the armed serviced need to be rolling out NBC crash courses?

I imagine that along with Military Medics, the RLC are preparing for their bit, shipping bodies out the back doors of hospitals (away from the media hacks), the infantry regiments are busy with "Tin City training" in prep for the inevitable Inner-city riots that will no doubt follow if this goes into the Summer. :calmdown::calmdown::calmdown:

200,000 nurses have quit since 2010, they would certainly be qualified.

:iagree:
Don't know about you MartinL, but I'm pretty sure most people I know definitely have the 'skills, ability & training' to do people's shopping for them, give them a phone call, or drive them to/from hospital.

It's no good any of us squabbling on a forum, we are not going to solve this problem, it serves no purpose other than to vent.
I just watched the news and a 21 year old young lady has had her future snatched away by this virus. No underlying issues. Utterly dreadful.

My daughter is an ICU nurse and is currently in isolation, one more week and she hits the front line. Suffers with Asthma, so I don't need to say how I'm feeling right now.

There We Are Then

It's no good any of us squabbling on a forum, we are not going to solve this problem, it serves no purpose other than to vent.
I just watched the news and a 21 year old young lady has had her future snatched away by this virus. No underlying issues. Utterly dreadful.

My daughter is an ICU nurse and is currently in isolation, one more week and she hits the front line. Suffers with Asthma, so I don't need to say how I'm feeling right now.

Absolutely horrible but she may have had underlying problems arising that where not detected or even had symptoms for her underlying problem..regardless of that my heart goes out to every one fit and not so fit..my hands looks 200yrs old through washing and Alcohol washing them..reason being..my twin brother and younger brother have diabetes/high blood pressure and my younger brother is taking tablets for a heart attack..both have asthma..my mother has angina ongoing respiratory problems and a diabetic..
I show none of the symptoms from my brothers or Mother ..

Absolutely horrible but she may have had underlying problems arising that where not detected or even had symptoms for her underlying problem..regardless of that my heart goes out to every one fit and not so fit..my hands looks 200yrs old through washing and Alcohol washing them..reason being..my twin brother and younger brother have diabetes/high blood pressure and my younger brother is taking tablets for a heart attack..both have asthma..my mother has angina ongoing respiratory problems and a diabetic..
I show none of the symptoms from my brothers or Mother ..

O Keeffe's Working Hands (small green round container) - overnight works a treat. Heals small cuts and chafing.
DIY stores, Boots and supermarkets...
Highly recommended.

Or Neutrogena hand cream - unscented..Small tubes.

O Keeffe's Working Hands (small green round container) - overnight works a treat. Heals small cuts and chafing.
DIY stores, Boots and supermarkets...
Highly recommended.
My lady friend uses that and i have before today and yes it is good stuff..thanks for jogging my memory..;)

Well went to my local Sainsbury
Practically deserted. Everybody distancing themselves as per hazard tape on the floor. Got all the shopping I needed. No loo roll or kitchen roll but everything else in sufficient supply. Pleasantly surprised.

Well went to my local Sainsbury
Practically deserted. Everybody distancing themselves as per hazard tape on the floor. Got all the shopping I needed. No loo roll or kitchen roll but everything else in sufficient supply. Pleasantly surprised.

To be honest, we have been trying to avoid the supermarkets where possible, always have avoided Tesco and use Lidl if needs be, as SWMBO says, so many idiots still milling around it's a breeding ground for contagion.
I think, with both of us coming from families living on the sides of a mountain (strangely enough, SWMBO's newly wed grandparents moved into the holding where my grandparents started their married life before moving slightly nearer to the valley floor) we've had it ingrained into us to always have a little stash of food for when the weather shuts down so, rather than panic buying we've been avoiding the big shops and just doing the usual calls to local shops for fresh stuff and bread and dipping into our tinned stores when the fresh stuff gets scarce.

Missed this article yesterday but thought it was a good read, debunks the idea that HMG took a scientific approach to this crisis: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...oronavirus-policy-scientific-dominic-cummings

The fact they also missed out on joining the EU ventilator procurement scheme just shows how inept they are: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52052694

Was at the supermarket today, had to queue 2m apart to get, they only let so many in the store at one time, immediately had to put on gloves and they sanitised the trolley. Lots of stickers around the whole shop to remind people to keep their distance and shelf edge labels saying to only buy a max of 3 particular items. Lots of kitchen and bog roll, only thing I really didn't get was anti-bac spray.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back