Commercial hive plans

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve blanche

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi. Bit new to this. Does anyone have any drawings or plans for a commercial hive please?

Thanks

Steve

I think the Scottish beekeepers site has all the plans.

Thanks, The Scottish Beekeepers site has all the plans except the commercial. I'd already looked there. I wondered if anyone had a set they coud scan & e-mail. Worth asking!

Thanks

Steve

either BUT easy to adapt the scottish plans to the deeper dimensions needed.

Not so....commercial is a single walled hive,no sidebars....nothing like the bs naional.,apart from similar external dimensions.

I'm interested to know why you are going for commercial right from the start?

Kent actually. No the reason is my neighbour is a joiner and wants to start making hives & hive equipment. He has a request for prices for a commercial and we can't track down any drawings. I run national at the moment. I'm thinking I might change to 14x12 next year with extensions to the boxes I have. Any thoughts?

commercial

i have loads of commercial parts for sale in for sale section buy some, break them down, then you have hard templates, look at pics, i would consider breraking down and posting if you would like, just comment your reply on the for sale thread, many thanks, just trying to help...and make some pennys!!

Kent actually. No the reason is my neighbour is a joiner and wants to start making hives & hive equipment. He has a request for prices for a commercial and we can't track down any drawings. I run national at the moment. I'm thinking I might change to 14x12 next year with extensions to the boxes I have. Any thoughts?

i run 14x12 which fit my bees much better than standard

i first used a 90mm straight sided EKE under the standard brod box , i made from just pine it, worked well , no need for bee space as it just sits on the floor upstand [ if you waht though you could rebate it for bee space at the bottom and lip it at the top to fit the old brood box profile]

The £hornes eke works different in that you have to remove the old standard frame runner from the old brood box and the eke sits on top and has new frame runners etc

i did shook swarms in early spring going from standard to 14x12

Yep, as MM. A simple eke screwed to the bottom of the box is perfectly adequate. KISS principle in action.

I changed to top bee space at about the same time. Still had too many bottom bee space supers around the place for a while.

Regards, RAB

Steve send me your email address and I will get the drawings of the B.S. 16x10 hives to you if you are still interested.I sent all the info to the Scottish Ass'n but the webmaster didn't bother to include it.

Has anyone ever located plans for the commercial - I can't?

Andrew

You should be able to work most of it out for yourself, with this page and if you know how many frames go in the box, multiply the frame thickness 36mm by that number and add 10mm for luck.

Buy a commercial hive and take measures from that.
You have then the model too how to make it.

Hi all,
I was reading about different hive types and was interested in the commercial hive but can't find any plans or pictures... only the frame dimensions.
Has anyone located these?
Cheers

Back