CO2 Setup for II

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daroco

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm in the process of putting together the equipment for II next season, but am struggling with the regulators for CO2. Ideally I want something portable as the equipment will be shared with other beekeepers. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions as to equipment they use?

Look in your local aquarium suppliers... or on ebay.
If you buy one with a 240v cut off relay, make sure you have a converter/battery/power pack if using it in the field off grid!

You do not need a huge cylinder of gas!

Chons da

Think this must be something of a first - no contrary replies! Thanks, will look at aquarium kit

I'm sorry but I plead total ignorance re this thread.

Have you looked at CO2 regulators and cylinders for welding, Portable MIG welders etc.

:sorry: if I'm very wrong but just a thought.

not worthy

Sodastream gas bottle is Co2, get regulator online.
Works for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locally I've found Argos is cheapest for Sodastream gas bottle refills.

Used in Instrumental Insemination (II)....the clue is in the thread title.
You gas the queen with CO2 to make her unconscious whilst inseminating her and once again to stimulate laying.

Well I mentioned this to our Master Beekeeper, over a pint of Okkels especially imported from the Isle of Man to celebrate the landlady's birthday ( she was born in Peel) and he said that that was a load of balls.

Being a self proclaimed 'master' beekeeper, he'd be an expert on that - talking balls that is

Well I mentioned this to our Master Beekeeper, over a pint of Okkels especially imported from the Isle of Man to celebrate the landlady's birthday ( she was born in Peel) and he said that that was a load of balls.

Tell him to google
"Keewaydinoquay 1978"
Youll find plenty of references to puffballs being used to sedate bees.

Latest posts

Back