Christmas avatars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one in the spirit yet ?

Even less than usual this year, if such a thing were possible. It doesn't feel like Winter has even started yet. I've had to change from wearing shorts, but was quite comfortable outside this morning without needing anything over my t-shirt.

James

Even less than usual this year, if such a thing were possible. It doesn't feel like Winter has even started yet. I've had to change from wearing shorts, but was quite comfortable outside this morning without needing anything over my t-shirt.

James
I know what you mean I’ve been out feeding and vaping 12 c here lots of flying bees , some of my colony’s have 4/5 half frames of brood by the cappings on the inspection board, these are orange bucks to.

I got here eventually. A nativity set, moulds by Hobby Kreation in Germany (the owner has a soft spot for Dorset having spent a year in Bridport) . I bought the moulds over a period of about five years, the first ones were purchased while I was living in a tent but looking to make a living rather than claim benefits -i'd have probably saved myself ten years by claiming benefits but it wouldn't be half as good a story.

@Curly green finger's , the tenbury market has been an interest of mine ever since reading an article about it by Monty Don in his observer days (mid 90s?).

Edit: the skep isn't a part of the set (although it should be! But it is a HK mould), just my little twist on the scene.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1701412014698.jpg
    FB_IMG_1701412014698.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I remember with fondness, back in the mid eighties ,my then aged grandmother explaining in her overly educated blunt manner to a pair of knockers that they wouldn't be pulling her mistletoe which adorned an ancient apple that towered above all the nearby trees. (It came down in the big gale but no tears were shed about not having sold the mistletoe previously).

Latest posts

Back