• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cheeky fecker?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

region2

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5+
Do a search for "bees fo r sale" (sic) on ebay and someone in Bicester is 'selling' "bees for sale" signs "just like the ones he uses to sell his reasonably priced nucs"!

The signs are only £30 so I guess he won't be selling many of those - although if you did buy one you will be donating £6 to a cancer charity...

R2

I think you need to read between the lines. Note the "May/June"

He's not selling signs. He wants people to phone him so he can tell them about the bees he has for sale, just like the one I use to advertise my 5 frame nuclei for sale

and the picture is a bit of art work and not a photo of a sign.

Last edited:
I think you need to read between the lines. Note the "May/June"

He's not selling signs. He wants people to phone him so he can tell them about the bees he has for sale, just like the one I use to advertise my 5 frame nuclei for sale

:iagree:

He is trying to sell queens & Nucs me thinks

Ebay doesnt allow you to have multiple ads for the same thing.:toetap05::seeya: hence the different spacing between words/letters.

Last edited:
I actually got it - I was being ironic! ;-)

he he

R2

So he has three identical listings but with different spacing, he (allegedly) isn't selling anything and he claims to be contributing 20% to charity for each sale of an allegedly photoshopped sign. I've clicked on Report Item on his listings because of his cynical use of the charity logo!

R2

There is also another selling a hive but also gives info on their bees for sale.

he isn't claiming to give money to charity if he makes the sale through ebay he has no choice in the matter the money is taken straight from the profit

he isn't claiming to give money to charity if he makes the sale through ebay he has no choice in the matter the money is taken straight from the profit
He is/was - he chose that option, it wasn't forced on him...

R2

R2
Once he's chosen the option to give to charity he has no choice. The money is taken direct from his income before the remainder is passed on to him.

If,as it seems, he was using the sign ad to attract buyers, then completing sales off-eBay (so eBay knows nothing about them) it's up to him whether he passes it on to charity or not.

It all sounds very suspicious. Any hint of robbing from charity, or claiming to make donations that can't be proved, would have me looking elsewhere for purchases.

And that's why I reported it to eBay - I guess the speed the adverts disappeared reflect that I wasn't alone...

R2

My thoughts are that as there may not have been any signs for sale, there wouldnt be any money going to charity.

R2

i didn't say they were forced, you said they were 'claiming' £6 was going to charity, it wouldn't have been a claim if sale was through ebay it would have been inforced, if sale was made outside ebay then he would have been claiming to give to charity

For Sale. Frames of brood..No bees in nuc box. Collection only... The other bees will follow you home.:driving:

Do a search for "bees fo r sale" (sic) on ebay and someone in Bicester is 'selling' "bees for sale" signs "just like the ones he uses to sell his reasonably priced nucs"!

The signs are only £30 so I guess he won't be selling many of those - although if you did buy one you will be donating £6 to a cancer charity...

R2

Interesting... Do you remember the individuals ID?

Decent feedback, an official Missionfish banner. Buy through eBay and your 10% does go to charity.

He does, however, appear to prompt off-eBay sales by giving his phone number. I wouldn't know if he puts the completed custom item on eBay for the customer to purchase, or if he actually does sell off-eBay. Has anyone put him to the test, or has he been hung, drawn and quartered without trial?

Then again, my eBay selling id is a business one. I give my contact details because I have to. EBay demands it, yet eBay complains if I put a 'phone number or eMail address in my description - and even if I state "contact me via eBay Messages if you have any questions". Go figure.

In any case, I don't offer custom items. Too risky. Too many buyers ignore the fact that a custom item will take a little longer than something that is in stock. They still expect fast shipping and will mark sellers down on DSRs - occasionally resulting in sellers getting banned with no right of appeal. My personal opinion is if it isn't in stock, eBay isn't the place to try to sell it.

Benefit of the doubt on cheeky-p, I think.

Added: My only real gripe with him is that as he is making items for sale he should, strictly, be registered as a business seller. He's clearly small-fry, though, so - again - I might just give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back