Cheaper fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeKeyPlayer

From Rainham, Medway (North Kent) UK
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
44 plus 17 managed for another
Last edited:
I saw that too but no option seems available for smaller amounts deapite the statement that delivery cost was calculated at checkout - you couldn't get to the checkout!!

I saw that too but no option seems available for smaller amounts deapite the statement that delivery cost was calculated at checkout - you couldn't get to the checkout!!
The basket was funny if you changed basket quantities but when I refreshed the page it works.

Don't rush to buy unless you need it...word from my contacts in the trade are that it will likely be significantly cheaper still come new year.

On the subject of shelf life...keep it sealed in the boxes in a dry place and its indefinite. One of these products where a Best Before date is actually meaningless and just an indication of how fresh it is.

sealed in the boxes in a dry place and its indefinite.
Yes, and keep it cold to make cutting easy. When warm it slumps and clings to the cutting tool and is a faff.

In a thread a while ago Murray recommended using a spade to chop it; I stick with a bread knife. Rory Fields had a job to cut a load with a bad back: I reckon that if boxes were chilled enough, a chop saw might work.

Don't rush to buy unless you need it...word from my contacts in the trade are that it will likely be significantly cheaper still come new year.

On the subject of shelf life...keep it sealed in the boxes in a dry place and its indefinite. One of these products where a Best Before date is actually meaningless and just an indication of how fresh it is.
Useful to know- already ordered but didn't go as overboard as usual. Mine arrived earlier today, only ordered yesterday.

Yes, and keep it cold to make cutting easy. When warm it slumps and clings to the cutting tool and is a faff.

In a thread a while ago Murray recommended using a spade to chop it; I stick with a bread knife. Rory Fields had a job to cut a load with a bad back: I reckon that if boxes were chilled enough, a chop saw might work.
A butchers cleaver with a decent board underneath might be handy.

With £15 for delivery it is cheaper to buy elsewhere I'm afraid. £28.25 all in with them and £24.75 all in on Ebay....

I just put the slap on the edge of a 2” slab of PIR then as you cut the section you are cutting peels away onto a piece of cling film. I think I put a video of me doing it on line once.

With £15 for delivery it is cheaper to buy elsewhere I'm afraid. £28.25 all in with them and £24.75 all in on Ebay....
That only works for 1Kg......each box of fondant will cost multiples of that, so even including the discount for buying multiples
it works out pretty expensive on eBay.
14 boxes from eBay all in at £294.42 14 boxes from bfp-express all in at £200.50 in fact the price is better from bfp-express from 1 box upwards.
But as Murray says if you don't need it now....

Mark

Any idea on delivery cost?
Zero. A few of us need it this week, so ordered 50 boxes. Online order is max 20 but I spoke to Kaye in the BFP office and she sorted the lot.

Luckily, was able to cancel at the same time the previous order with a different distributor at £16.95 as they couldn't deliver until early November. Seems that Britannia (the UK manufacturer) has 'production line difficulties' (whatever that means) and an alternative source would have been EU, at a slighty higher price in 15kg boxes.

Latest posts

Back