Cheap transformer 10v/12v to embed foundation...ideas?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Im using wired foundation on jumbo langstroth frames. Found last year in the summer with the heat they were bowing out when i stored them. Im goin to wire the foundation across the width of the frames this year. Can someonepost me some links to what battery chargers or whatever they use to embed the foundation. Something like the one from Thorne but alot cheaper. Thanks

Car Battery Charger linked to old but good battery would be best,
(look locally on fleabay).
+ always a nifty idea to have something like a 5w Bulb to act as a resistor too. :smash:

To be honest I don't bother. either buy ready wired or use unwired strips (25mm deep) as a starter.:winner1st:

+ always a nifty idea to have something like a 5w Bulb to act as a resistor too. :smash:

:

I have used 50 years a circuit which has 1000 W room heater as resistor.

I wonder that 5 w.

Last edited:
Bog standard cheapo Fleabay car battery charger.
All I could get out in Africa (but local trading post, not fleabay) bedded loads of foundation with it.

Just touch each end of the wire with the crocodile clips for a few seconds, job done.

How far away is your car?
Length of cheap two-core into fused cigarette lighter plug (12V, not 5V like sat nav). Cut ends to give different lengths, so cannot touch by accident
As said, just touch ends of wire. Wire crimper is useful as it allows tension when fixing without risk of damage to frame.

Latest posts

Back