cheap sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
this may seem a daft question but who sells the cheapest white sugar.

i have gone through 5kg in the last week and am thinking there maybe a cheaper way of buying it than tesco.

does anyone have any ideas

Our beekeepers association has access to the local wholesalers. Maybe yours has a similar set up?

Bookers sell 25kg bags to members of BKA's, and it's reasonably priced.

do you need a card or can you just turn up?

Join Bookers (they have a link to BBKA, if you are a member) just show your card. If you have a card you can join on the door - otherwise keep an eye on Lidl/Aldi and make sure you are only feeding when they need it rather than as a matter of course.

Turn up with BBKA card and they'll ley you join there and then. They give you a temp card and post you a real one from head office. Sugar wasn't that cheap the other day - 20 quid instead of 15 for some reason...

R2

Booker sell cheap disposable gloves as well

Asda was £1.34 for a 2 kg bag at the weekend. Managed to slip some into the weekly shop!!

Join Bookers (they have a link to BBKA, if you are a member) just show your card. If you have a card you can join on the door - otherwise keep an eye on Lidl/Aldi and make sure you are only feeding when they need it rather than as a matter of course.

i think I am member as part of my local association membership, or is just the welsh BKA? if I am I got no card...

I went into our local Bookers the other day and noticed that all the sugar was 'Silver Spoon' (beet sugar) what is the current thinking on beet v's cane sugar?

I bought mine from Costco last year in 15x1kg packs, it worked out at just over 50p a kg I think, mind you it's about 70p a kg at the moment, I think I'll wait to see if there are any offers later in the year.

Take your BBKA card into Bookers
They will sign you up there and then
And if your manager is as nice as the one in our shop
you may even get a discount for being a Beekeeper.
Once you have your card you can always buy other items in bulk from there too.

Cheapest I have found Morrisons own 2KG bag works out 67p/Kg
What price Bookers?

Asda was £1.34 for a 2 kg bag at the weekend. Managed to slip some into the weekly shop!!

Cheapest I have found Morrisons own 2KG bag works out 67p/Kg
What price Bookers?

It is always that price at Tescos!

Whitworths Miscellaneous Granulated Sugar 2Kg Parcels £1.34 for 2Kg = 67p per Kg.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Can we just kill this one before it starts to totter... shakily...

It's like cold and warm, top or bottom (though top is actually better LOL)

In the great debate over beet and cane there ain't no odds at all.

PH

Can we just kill this one before it starts to totter... shakily...

It's like cold and warm, top or bottom (though top is actually better LOL)

In the great debate over beet and cane there ain't no odds at all.

PH

QD is 67p a kilo, but that is cane sugar (makes no difference to the bees but lots of food miles)

Back