Cheap Chinese Nicot cupkit copies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadnlad

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
A few and some more
never used one and fancy having a go, is it worth a punt ?

I appreciate they may be an inferior grade plastic, but if the component parts all fit together correctly why wouldnt it work ?

never used one and fancy having a go, is it worth a punt ?

I appreciate they may be an inferior grade plastic, but if the component parts all fit together correctly why wouldnt it work ?

It probably would. I've never used it. It would be incompatible with the Nicot cage though (or, so I am told)

I understand parts are not interchangeable but look the same. SO I will not bother as the risks of mixing are just what I don't need..

I reuse the original cups - leave in soda solution, remove most of wax, wash in clean water, dry and use as is. The bees clean them up when I insert into hive on cage (I spray with sugar water to encourage cleaning).

Seems to work for me... new Nicot cups are cheaper than a new system...

I've tried some of the brown cups and cream holders, the brown cups fitted the Nicot kit but were tight to remove, the cream holders also have slight size differences meaning that the brown cups were a bit lose but to my surprise didn't drop out, given the choice I would buy genuine ones in future.

Latest posts

Back