Caucasian Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eliahu

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hello i am ilia pavliashvili from georgia republic i have 60 beehives i will be able to prepare pure Caucasian Queens for sale if it is legal to transfer bees in your country
contact datalis email [email protected]
mobile +99698376725

You posted this here, and you dont even KNOW if its legal? Tut tut you naughty person, you :toetap05:

Oh no, not Caucasians, we have quite enough trouble with Amm/Carni crosses already. When is the UK going to see sense and stop the importation of queens from other species?

Oh no, not Caucasians, we have quite enough trouble with Amm/Carni crosses already. When is the UK going to see sense and stop the importation of queens from other species?

Kick off the AMM and your Carnis do better.

I had causasian 40 years ago. Now I can say that they were lazy foracers.
They are not very popular in global beekeeping.
In my country they were popular but no one has them any more.

Last edited:
I got some of those bees that love the gluey stuff and build their own mouseguards before winter. I need a crowbar to get frames out near the entrance when the weather is cool!

Kick off the AMM and your Carnis do better.

I had causasian 40 years ago. Now I can say that they were lazy foracers.
They are not very popular in global beekeeping.
In my country they were popular but no one has them any more.

Um, nope, Amm country round here. Several projects heading back to encouraging bees that are local-adapted and vice-reduced.

Um, nope, Amm country round here. Several projects heading back to encouraging bees that are local-adapted and vice-reduced.

It is not. Italian is the most popular and carniolan next. Your MM are only relicts.

That a bit like saying that Karelia is a relic of Finland.

IMPRESSED
:patriot:

No, it is a relic of Russia.

Finland has been independent sice 1917. Karelia has been before that part of Russian Imperium.

That red plot
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ussia_-_Republic_of_Karelia_(2008-03).svg.png

Here is a good hive model to the national beehive . The round things are supers.

1896.jpeg

Last edited:
The AMM is very quiet and productive and suited to the Northern Irish and Irish weather. If we had the better weather of England then a different strain might be the way to go. If I was to change I would probably go with Carniolian.

I had AMM 25 years. But somehow it is connected to rainy weather because it is popular in Norway.

I had AMM 25 years. But somehow it is connected to rainy weather because it is popular in Norway.

And ideal for Wales too. What's the use of fast-breeder Italians if the weather caves in in late June for the rest of the summer? Starvation in August...OK, so the Amm is conservative in its habits, but also conservative in the bucketloads of syrup they need. How many studies show that more sugar is fed back then honey produced?

. How many studies show that more sugar is fed back then honey produced?

You need no studies. You know how much you give sugar to bees and you know how much you extract honey. It is not a secret.

Insulated hive saves 30% of winter food.

And ideal for Wales too. What's the use of fast-breeder Italians if the weather caves in in late June for the rest of the summer? Starvation in August...OK, so the Amm is conservative in its habits, ?

Nonsence. I have kept Italian bees in Finland 60 latitude 35 years. I turned back to Italian after 10 Carniolan years.

You must feed bees if they do not get food from fields. What ever they are. Dry summers are worse than rainy summers.

rain may stop tomorrow, but if nature has been dry up till July, plants will not bloom any more. It takes a huge rainfall that the soils is again moist. It takes several weeks.

I have nothing good to say about German Black bees. It was good luck that varroa kill them all here. They hived 20 kg honey and Italian gives 60-80 kg.

I have nothing good to say about German Black bees. It was good luck that varroa kill them all here. They hived 20 kg honey and Italian gives 60-80 kg.

Oh dear! The AMM brigade will not like this at all!
Norton.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!....seems that Amm is the beekeepin equivalent of marmite!!!

personally I love them! :cheers2:

Latest posts

Back