• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4 hives for sale - Beaconsfield / High Wycombe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello
Unfortunately I have to quit bee keeping due to a change in circumstances. I have 4 colonies + equipment for sale. I am in Beaconsfield (near High Wycombe). Its a very healthy location for bees - hundreds of residential gardens and lots of trees, without much commercial farming around, if at all. I never lost a hive in this location and the bees are very healthy. I treat them with API LIFE VAR, each autumn They also feed on their own honey exclusively which surely boosts their immune system. They keep multiplying which causes me lots of work and I just dont have the time at the moment. My kids also play in the garden and there are just too many bees around. So I am looking for a new home for my bees.
Its a good opportunity for somebody just starting out. I'm not really trying to make a profit with this - I just want to recoup some of the cost of all the equipment. The hives are polystrene from Paynes Bee Farm (https://www.paynesbeefarm.co.uk/polystyrene-national-hive/)

I have:
4 soupers
10 brood boxes
1 jumbo brood box
4 hive mesh floors
5 hive roofs
4 queen excluders
1 poly nuc box
1 extractor (manual, for 2 frames at a time)
Lots of built up frames

The equipment cost me around 850 GBP. Nothing is older than 4 years. Since the equipment is 'used' I will take off 40% off the new price (replacement cost) which gives 517 GBP. I'll charge another 50 GBP for the each bee collony. They are not all the same size, one is smaller. This brings it up to around 717 GBP. It would be nice to if one person would take it all, but this is not a requirement. If you want just one hive, that is ok too. I'll charge you based on how much equipment you are taking.
Pick up would be at my house in Beaconsfield (HP92BU). I can help with the loading, maybe even transport if not far.
See some of the pictures (below). These were taken at the beginning of April when I added more space to the hives - so about a month ago. I'm sure there is a lot more going on now.

Contact me at [email protected] or call 'peter' on 07530611402

AF1QipMk8CrmQziyH8JU6j06iakZ90pXTan2N4aqYJFKYTxVpfDQoAQQY442rEfFzW-FoQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back