Can bee keepers give blood

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started donating when I was travelling by motorbike- mostly in a spirit of 'Can you look after this for me please?

You never know when there's a Volvo about... :auto:

Or someone driving whilst wearing a hat, irresepective of age. Been on two wheels for 30 years and counting, think I must have more lives than all of the cats I've ever owned, combined!

well they couldnt ban everyone in France exposed to French undereported BSE could they?

Spot on, France has a very secretive and dishonest State and I could be arrested for saying that in public.

Chris

I wish... I guessed that someone would come up with the Vincent, but it's the other V - think the only bike to have averaged 100mph for 24 hours nonstop, (though mine's the equally pretty but less desirable cooking model). Actually, it had to be nonstop as once the engine is warm it won't start again till it's cooled down.

I wish... I guessed that someone would come up with the Vincent, but it's the other V - think the only bike to have averaged 100mph for 24 hours nonstop, (though mine's the equally pretty but less desirable cooking model). Actually, it had to be nonstop as once the engine is warm it won't start again till it's cooled down.

Mmmm, naaaaaice!

Hmm, we've got an SR500 that doesn't like starting when it's warm (although cold or roasty-hot's fine!). About to be reminded of this fact as I'll be running it alongside - not literally - my TDR for the remains of the hillclimb season. Gulp! A few Velos come out to play as well...

Whoops, pushed it a bit off-topic there. Ahem.

Can anyone tell me: have the Transfusion Service started using pressure dressings again? (Those small cylinders of compacted cotton wool.) I used to give blood on a regular basis until a few years ago, following the first occasion that they stopped using them. I'm one of those people who bruise if you give me a hard stare, and due to them stopping the use of the dressings, I had a very bad bleed in my arm and was suffering from shock soon after. Hairy appendage had to come to the session with a trailer to take me and the bike home. Takes a lot to put me off something like that, and would like to start donating again; I had to have a transfusion after a spinal op as I'd lost over 'two armfuls' 'cos I'm a little bleeder!

Can anyone tell me: have the Transfusion Service started using pressure dressings again?

Yes, they do use them (although I'm dubious as to their effectiveness) - I find the best thing to prevent bruising is to press really hard when then get you to clamp the site with three fingers.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can donate if you've ever had a blood transfusion.

They wont take blood from me in the summer when I am on antihistamine tablets -hayfever and bee stings!!

Rest of year I donate blood and plama

I don't think you can donate if you've ever had a blood transfusion.

Only since mad cows were around.

thatcher.jpg

Chris

Little quiz question:

I am B +ve, My Mother was O +ve and my sister is A+ve. What does that tell you?

If the question is too difficult, just ignore it chaps . . . :)

I guess that your mother was Group O+ and your father was either AB+ or AB-.

The secret with Google is to ask the right questions.

Aha, also that your mother is deceased, your sister is still living and that I don't know if your father is alive or dead..

Last edited:
This beekeeper can't. Haemophilia

If the question is too difficult, just ignore it chaps . . . :)

I guess that your mother was Group O+ and your father was either AB+ or AB-.

The secret with Google is to ask the right questions.

Aha, also that your mother is deceased, your sister is still living and that I don't know if your father is alive or dead..

I'm rubbish at algebra
:D

Latest posts

Back