Calling all Beekeepers in the Tanar Valley !!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
ADMIN will I hope allow the note below to bee placed on the Beeki Forum as it is NOT advertising for a commercial organisation, but as lots of beeks read these pages who are not and do not want to belong to beekie organisations it may bee of major interest to them!

Dear All,

Tamar Grow Local want to work with beekeepers explore the possibility of setting up a honey co-operative in the Tamar Valley. The idea is that collectively we can create a recognised regional brand, achieve quantities that would allow us to enter into different market places that are not usually open to individual beekeepers, and get a fair price for all our local honey. The co-op could provide access to equipment that is expensive for individuals, electric extractors, packaging and labelling equipment etc which could generally make beekeeping more accessible as a hobby. In many ways it could act like a local association group, and in fact a local group might be the best organisation to ‘house’ a honey co-op. Given the growing number of beekeepers there appears to be significant pressure on the apiary resources of existing local groups at group meetings. There may be sufficient demand for the setting up of a new local group to be based in the Gunnislake area.

We would like to invite you to an open meeting at the Tamar Valley Centre on Tuesday 23rd August 7pm-9pm to discuss the possibilities. Specific questions to address are:

1) Is there sufficient demand for the creation of a Tamar Valley honey cooperative?

2) Is there demand for a new affiliated local beekeeping group in the Gunnislake area?

Please forward this email on to anyone who you think might be interested.

If you would like to come to the meeting I would be grateful if you could let me know so that I can cater accordingly. Please contact Simon Platten at Tamar Grow Local on 07887983143 or by email [email protected] to register your interest.

All the best
Simon

admin will i hope allow the note below to bee placed on the beeki forum as it is not advertising for a commercial organisation, but as lots of beeks read these pages who are not and do not want to belong to beekie organisations it may bee of major interest to them!

dear all,

tamar grow local want to work with beekeepers explore the possibility of setting up a honey co-operative in the tamar valley. The idea is that collectively we can create a recognised regional brand, achieve quantities that would allow us to enter into different market places that are not usually open to individual beekeepers, and get a fair price for all our local honey. The co-op could provide access to equipment that is expensive for individuals, electric extractors, packaging and labelling equipment etc which could generally make beekeeping more accessible as a hobby. In many ways it could act like a local association group, and in fact a local group might be the best organisation to ‘house’ a honey co-op. Given the growing number of beekeepers there appears to be significant pressure on the apiary resources of existing local groups at group meetings. There may be sufficient demand for the setting up of a new local group to be based in the gunnislake area.

We would like to invite you to an open meeting at the tamar valley centre on tuesday 23rd august 7pm-9pm to discuss the possibilities. Specific questions to address are:

1) is there sufficient demand for the creation of a tamar valley honey cooperative?

2) is there demand for a new affiliated local beekeeping group in the gunnislake area?

If you would like to come to the meeting i would be grateful if you could let me know so that i can cater accordingly. Please contact simon platten at tamar grow local on 07887983143 or by email [email protected] to register your interest.

All the best
simon

oh silly me>>>> squirrell fingers,,,... it should read

tamar valley !!!

Last edited:
you're not actually suggesting BOTH sides of the Tamar valley are included? I can't see that working - different races!!!!

I'd imagine we'll be seeing competition between the West tamar valley honey cooperative and the ETVHC in due course!!!!

you're not actually suggesting BOTH sides of the Tamar valley are included? I can't see that working - different races!!!!

I'd imagine we'll be seeing competition between the West tamar valley honey cooperative and the ETVHC in due course!!!!

OH YES b o t h sides !!!

We have a number of bridges and ... not forgetting the Cremmyl Ferry a number of ferries across the Mighty Tamar.......
may be we can build some more!!

not forgetting the UPPER and LOWER Tamar Valley !!

ah - the joys of digging for lugworm and ragworm in the mud beside the Cremyl ferry slipway.

sounds like ancient egypt now - does the head of the new TVH COOP get to wear a double crown???? (Deshret, Hedjet and Pshent might all be Kernewek words !!!!)

ah - the joys of digging for lugworm and ragworm in the mud beside the Cremyl ferry slipway.

sounds like ancient egypt now - does the head of the new TVH COOP get to wear a double crown???? (Deshret, Hedjet and Pshent might all be Kernewek words !!!!)

In my painful experience getting any sort of co-operation from Tamar Valley makes herding cats seem a doddle.

When we proposed a new apiary we were informed that there were too many beehives in the Tamar Valley and it could not support any more!

Form a new organisation...

Steve

"makes herding cats seem a doddle"

do you need a lesson ? - our flock are very well behaved (and walk to heel better than our springer puppy).

herding ducks is also easy - just need stick (stick) and carrot (cat food tin) - they soon learn.

How many bee hives is too many?

Was the guy who told yo that the one that gives banjo lessons at the back of Kit Hill ?

Don't believe anything he says... keeps his bees in an old oil drum and rides a tricycle !!!

The difficult bit is the Beekeepers and the word cooperation.

ADMIN will I hope allow the note below to bee placed on the Beeki Forum as it is NOT advertising for a commercial organisation, but as lots of beeks read these pages who are not and do not want to belong to beekie organisations it may bee of major interest to them!

Dear All,

Tamar Grow Local want to work with beekeepers explore the possibility of setting up a honey co-operative in the Tamar Valley. The idea is that collectively we can create a recognised regional brand, achieve quantities that would allow us to enter into different market places that are not usually open to individual beekeepers, and get a fair price for all our local honey. The co-op could provide access to equipment that is expensive for individuals, electric extractors, packaging and labelling equipment etc which could generally make beekeeping more accessible as a hobby. In many ways it could act like a local association group, and in fact a local group might be the best organisation to ‘house’ a honey co-op. Given the growing number of beekeepers there appears to be significant pressure on the apiary resources of existing local groups at group meetings. There may be sufficient demand for the setting up of a new local group to be based in the Gunnislake area.

We would like to invite you to an open meeting at the Tamar Valley Centre on Tuesday 23rd August 7pm-9pm to discuss the possibilities. Specific questions to address are:

1) Is there sufficient demand for the creation of a Tamar Valley honey cooperative?

2) Is there demand for a new affiliated local beekeeping group in the Gunnislake area?

If you would like to come to the meeting I would be grateful if you could let me know so that I can cater accordingly. Please contact Simon Platten at Tamar Grow Local on 07887983143 or by email [email protected] to register your interest.

All the best
Simon

That will be today folks !!!!:biggrinjester::
party:

:party:

:party:

FREE GIFT FOR 100th beek through the door !

See you there?

Back