• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey Wanted Bucket of honey wanted - as close to Southampton as possible.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobba

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We use honey at my work for feeding insect cultures. For years we have used ASDAs cheapest cr^p.

But my work is having a crazy pro environment push, and are trying to cut back on waste and source more things locally.

I have been asked to try source some local honey. A 10L bucket would be ideal as we can then decant into our own reusable containers and even return the bucket. 10L should last us over a year.

I have made my work aware that it will be a huge price increase compared to ASDA cr^p, but explained we could mitigate part of the cost by buying in bulk.

It is also thought that feeding our insect cultures with proper job bee keeper honey, may also be better for the health of our insects. Wich is part of the reason they are willing to give it a try in spite of the cost implications.

I also explained that now is not the best time of year to acquire a bucket of honey, and we may have to wait until later in the year.

So if anyone local would like to sell a bucket, then give me a price, I will let my boss know and hopefully we can sort something out.

I will post again should the request be fulfilled, so unless I post again specifically saying I no longer want honey then I still want some.

And if the price is good, I may get a bucket for myself too :)

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back