Best wishes to all

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Curly green fingers

Hi all,
Due to my father's health I'm having to put my affairs in order and move back to the farm in the black mountains, I'm gutted and don't quite no at the moment where to put myself I've only known for a week and have a lot to sort out.

I want to thank all the folk on here that have helped me and wish you all the best in the future.
The farm doesn't have wi fi yet and you can't even get a mobile signal so I'm a bit stuffed really.
I'm hoping to keep on beekeeping and most of my stock will be sold except my favorite hives which will move with me.
I hope to come back on here one day and look forward to being able to do so.
Thanks all and take care.
Mark. Aka c.g.f.

All we can do is wish you and your father well ..and hope it's just au revoir and not goodbye to the forum.

I spent the last couple of years looking after my 99 year old mum (who died in February) so I have some idea of what you may face.

Hi all,
Due to my father's health I'm having to put my affairs in order and move back to the farm in the black mountains, I'm gutted and don't quite no at the moment where to put myself I've only known for a week and have a lot to sort out.

I want to thank all the folk on here that have helped me and wish you all the best in the future.
The farm doesn't have wi fi yet and you can't even get a mobile signal so I'm a bit stuffed really.
I'm hoping to keep on beekeeping and most of my stock will be sold except my favorite hives which will move with me.
I hope to come back on here one day and look forward to being able to do so.
Thanks all and take care.
Mark. Aka c.g.f.

Good on you Mark .. and wish you and your dad well . Lost my dad in 2013 and now treasure every tool and bollocking he ever gave me.

God Bless

Mark, all the best to you and yours. Hope to see you back here soon.

Hi Mark.
Know how you feel, had to come back from Africa becasue my dad ended up in ICU twice, so i know responsibility comes first.
Will miss your positive input to the forum and reading the experiences of someone a few years into bee keeping.
Its not all bad as the Black mountains are a beautiful part of the world, used to go hang gliding off the Blorenge.

I feel sure we will hear from you again. Good luck
E

Thanks all,
Through life there is a lot of light( good) and when one life ends a new one begins .
I don't know why I'm putting this out there but in 9 months there will also be another little cgf being born so there is light good to look forward to.
To the ones we have to say good bye to we thank you for all you have done , and will one day see you again up in the cloud of anon ..

Good wishes to you and your father and family in the Black Mountains. We had a member from that part of the world. Long Tall Darren? Perhaps someone can help out here?

Sorry to hear your father's not well, Mark, but well done you for going home to support him and the farm. Not an easy decision to make when you have your own life organised elsewhere.

I want to thank you for asking all the questions on the forum that I also wanted answers to, I've learned a lot from all your posts and the replies to them.

All the best for the future, and don't forget your forum password - we expect you back!

Hi Mark I wish you all the best, have been going through a similar situation with both my parents so I appreciate very much the pressure this brings. My advice is to take the bees as they often provide a welcome break and diversion when needed. I hope you return when things are settled. Take care....Ian

Good on you Mark .. and wish you and your dad well . Lost my dad in 2013 and now treasure every tool and bollocking he ever gave me.

God Bless

You never know how much you'll miss someone until they're gone. I lost my Dad Jan 2018 but, the number of times I've wanted to pick up the phone and check up on him, you just wouldn't believe.
Treasure every moment and don't give anything else a second thought.

Looking forwards to your return in due course. I shall miss your optimism and photos of your amazing garden creations. Be strong.

Looking forwards to your return in due course. I shall miss your optimism and photos of your amazing garden creations. Be strong.

Thanks m I've got to break it to the lads tomorrow two employees that have helped me no end over the years ..
I plan to set them up else where I can't leave them in the lurch.

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure life will settle down for you mate, it is good of you to prioritise the health of your family over everything else, it's the most important thing (especially for the ones who've yet to play a long innings).

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure life will settle down for you mate, it is good of you to prioritise the health of your family over everything else, it's the most important thing (especially for the ones who've yet to play a long innings).

Thanks c , an update on the nuc FYI...
They are very calm still really gentle and a pleasure to inspect ..they have a super on and hopefully if the weather permits.. produce some honey which I plan to leave for them as stores .

I plan to move them and three other hives to the farm when the time comes , and will definitely be interested in more in the future .
Lovely black girls they are when inspecting they just look at you I've not had one bee even fly at me when the weather's been iffy..
Cheers
Mark.

I am sorry to hear your troubles Mark. as we get older we inherit responsibilities that we really didn't anticipate. My dad died in Canada back in 2015. trying to help sort out my mum long distance wasn't easy. At least she is back here now but that in itself creates new problems :( .
I hope you get some peace in your new surroundings and are able to take solace in the colonies that you take.
Mike

Back