Best affordable extractor?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought T'ornes budget one, it's fine for me as a beeginner.
One day I'll get something posher :)

You could make your own ?
Depends on skill level and available materials!
Vm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

check with your association member may have one for hire or sale

Picked up one for £60 only problem is..... its galvanised but clean as a whistle.... So still not sure if I can use it or not? I do know of a commercial beek who uses one and thinks I'm mad splashing out for another one but this time plastic as stainless steel is a bit beyond my budget.

For up to 4 hives (eventually)

Any thoughts welcome.

Rent from your association until you find that is too much hassle.

You need to think about the type of extractor, and your frames that you want to extract.

Tangential will more easily take larger frames.
Radial is pretty essential for Manley frames, and less faffing around - no turning each frame.
But small radials are rare!

Well, would be very reluctant to go much norht of £300... though looks like radial or stainless steel just starts to become possible at that sort of level. Not sure how important these factors are though.

Picked up one for £60 only problem is..... its galvanised but clean as a whistle.... So still not sure if I can use it or not? I do know of a commercial beek who uses one and thinks I'm mad splashing out for another one but this time plastic as stainless steel is a bit beyond my budget.

No commercial beek should be using galvanized or any beek that sells to the public. It has to be food grade plastic or stainless.

Latest posts

Back