begginers section!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoosling

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I still consider myself very much a beginner in the bee keeping world, (the new beginners section is great) my question is when do you advance to the point where you consider yourself no longer a beginner!!!!!

I still consider myself very much a beginner in the bee keeping world, (the new beginners section is great) my question is when do you advance to the point where you consider yourself no longer a beginner!!!!!
One answer is: when you stop being prepared to learn!
Another: is when you can offer advice which works for the recipient!
Alternatively: say you are a beginner with xx years of experience!

when you feel your skin it thick enough to put up with the agro lol

when you feel your skin is thick enough to put up with the agro lol

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2: +1 there .....

The reality is that it depends where you start from ... if your spen a year or two reading and researching then you can learn the basics without touching a bee. The fun starts when you actually find yourself with a bucket full of real bees and it's a whole new ball game.

It's a bit like insanity ... we're all bonkers it's just what grade of bonkers you are.

Most Beekeepers would probably admit that they are still 'beginners' after years of beekeeping... just a bit more advanced and knowledgable beginners.

Never, just when you think you know it all something else comes along,
1st year basics
2nd years novice
3rd years you think you know it all but obviously don't
4th year intermediate
5th year reflection and improvement
6th year I'll let you know

Every beekeeper is a beginner...as we all learn something every season...Although the 'what is a hive' questions diminish over time...;)

My kids know everything about everything already!!

_but one of them tried to box a swarm when I work and then rang me to check why I hadn't noticed the queen cells -as they must have been there at the weekend when I had gone through the hive -he was about 14 at the time

You are no longer a beginner when you can take 20 stings and not swell up like a balloon.

Around the 20 year mark might do it. (Still feel like a beginner when I try new things.)

Cazza

Latest posts

Back