beesuit veil repairers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
10+
hi all,
is there anybody on the forum who can repairs beesuit veils ( astronaut type ) ?
its my spare suit .many thanks

I have a little hole in mine and my wife said she would use invisible thread (nylon) and sew it

I have a little hole in mine and my wife said she would use invisible thread (nylon) and sew it

What's your wives name, can I contact her, will she do mine???:)

If its a BB wear suit they do a repair service...................both suits and veils.........got two cardboard boxes of suits and hoods back on Friday from them.

It's annoying when they develop holes etc. as the veil material is so delicate to sew. Even more annoying is when a zip goes. The zip on the hat/veil part of my good all-over beesuit went yesterday, so today I had to sort of insert myself into the suit sideways. Given my ample proportions this isn't practical... I need to find a way of fixing the zip. I wonder if BB do that kind of mend?

As for the veil material, I tore one once and fixed it with a patch of gaffer tape on either side. It held up well and didn't tear any further, but it wouldn't do for a large tear - it would obscure the vision.

Even more annoying is when a zip goes. The zip on the hat/veil part of my good all-over beesuit went yesterday, so today I had to sort of insert myself into the suit sideways. Given my ample proportions this isn't practical... I need to find a way of fixing the zip. I wonder if BB do that kind of mend?

Several of the suits we sent went for re-zipping, I am not exactly Slim Jim myself (one of my sons, apparently more in music than I, referred to me as Fat Boy Fat)...............both the main zip and a couple of them had damaged veil/suit joining zips.

Torn or holed veil mesh is a routing fix, and I believe they 're-bone' the hoods as a matter of course when doing repairs on them.

On suit had been left in the bicycle shed the summer staff use (cycling is popular with them when off duty) and a mouse had decided to chew holes in it on the back.........thay fixed that too.

Try Jenny on 07788 407497 or 01823 270465. She repaired a veil for me, with a large hole caused by a hot smoker in the car. She dismantles the veil and replaces all of the netting.
Phone number is taken from her current Be*Craft ad.

Latest posts

Back