• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees in Cumbria or North East ...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoP

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My captured swarms re-swarmed to the point that they were too weak to survive the winter ... well, they did, but broke the cluster in a warm spell, laid up some cells and got frosted.

I'm looking for replacement bees in the North of England - I'm near Carlisle and can get to anywhere in Cumbria, Northumberland & Durham etc.

How did you get on looking for bees? You probably aren't far from me. I am looking for bees too. If you have any local contacts, would be appreciated.

I ended up buying some from the-beeman (just google it). I got an overwintered 6f nuc at the end of April. Excellent quality, the calmest bees I've ever had. Within a week it was on 9 frames and last week I did a walkaway split (at his recommendation).

I got my first bees from him last year. Very calm and easy to handle for a novice.

Sadly HM turned DLQ in August. Probably the terrible spring last year. New Q bought in desperation as I didn't want to lose the colony (from Kent) seems to be producing calm ones too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back