bees flying today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots out flying today in Liverpool, cloudy but 12'C
Rollers in, off down to Palmsugar to see in the new year no doubt!

Mine are very busy just now, not cleaning flights but actual foraging, on Viburnum tinus mostly.

I'm hoping for a proper cluster on Monday (forecast to be a bit colder) as I really need to OA treat them. I don't usually, but this autumn the mites just wouldn't go away despite the usual treatment (as opposed to the last two years when one colony appeared mite-free and the other had hardly any all year).

flying

mine were out also here in Chester, I even took my jacket off !!!
I oxaliced them today and gave the 750g of fondant as a new year dinner.
And no stings this time to see the new year in !

Dave W

Well it seems my bee have survive there oxaliced acid :) lots out to day, very warm here again in shrewsbury thay think its spring lol, I made three brood boxes today and drill straight through my finger :eek: still learning :)

Bees flying

Bees flying today. First I've seen them. Only 4 degrees but nice and sunny. The snowdrops are starting to come out so hopefully see some pollen.

West Cornwall too. last night was the first frost weve had.

Bright sunshine here , cold wind , I only of five colonies flying today , no not cleansing ! Crocus flowering in my garden .
I have noticed in the past that my purple ones are first, followed by yellow with the white flowering after the rest have finished !
VM

Snowdrops flowering here, forecast frosts will hold back the crocus. Here yellow followed by purple, then the whites and larger varieties. Different cultivars flowering at different times, the intervals vary depending on weather but the order is constant

Not much moving today nor yesterday, it was Only 3 degrees here in shrewsbury , but there was one bee running in and out of the hive as if he has lost something :rolleyes: and one dead bee on the landing board to night, hope all
is ok

Bright sunshine here , cold wind , I only of five colonies flying today , no not cleansing ! Crocus flowering in my garden .
I have noticed in the past that my purple ones are first, followed by yellow with the white flowering after the rest have finished !
VM

VM you have way way to much time on ur hands if you check that.

Back