bees clumping in the super

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dookie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Afternoon all

I went to my hive today to take off the feeder and noticed the bees are clumping in the super. Is that a normal thing for them to do?

Any ideas?

Richard

its a normal national setup, brood box at the bottom with a queen excluder and a super on top. The bees are mostly in the brood box doing their normal stuff but they have started to make a small clump in the middle of the super. I will take a photo tomorrow because im not great at explaining stuff.

The OP entered the forum April 2012. How can he/she have not read the basic advice about queen excluder removal for winter in all the time from then to the present? Trying hard not to be a grumpy old man!

:hairpull::nopity::beatdeadhorse5:

According to my better half ( cough cough ) my normal daily mood is grumpy old git

The OP entered the forum April 2012. How can he/she have not read the basic advice about queen excluder removal for winter in all the time from then to the present? Trying hard not to be a grumpy old man!

:hairpull::nopity::beatdeadhorse5:

With a post count of just 29, perhaps he/she has a life and doesn't spend half of it on the internet?

According to my better half ( cough cough ) my normal daily mood is grumpy old git

My other half reckons I was born a grumpy git and have now graduated to being an impossibly grumpy, miserable, opinionated, old git ...Perfectly normal for a man of my age as far as I can tell ?

Back