Bees bringing in.....flowers?!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sutty

From Glossop, North Derbyshire, UK
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 to 12!
I looked at the entrance to one hive today and spotted a bee with a flower, or really a floret, attached to it's pollen basket - possibly from elderflower. Sadly I couldn't get my phone out before it had gone in!
Anyone else seen them take in strange objects?

I looked at the entrance to one hive today and spotted a bee with a flower, or really a floret, attached to it's pollen basket - possibly from elderflower. Sadly I couldn't get my phone out before it had gone in!
Anyone else seen them take in strange objects?
Maybe a romantic gesture from an admiring drone.................

I had one lot take out a dummy board and lean it against the stand.
Found it the following inspection.
Couldn't have been anyone else.
That explains the queen excluder I found by one of my hives!

My Dad in his latter years was convinced that the borrowers visited his workshop in the evenings, played with his tools and left them in a slightly different place from where they found them causing you to waste hours of time looking for them, It's obviously hereditary as it is happening to me now. When you do find them you realise it is true as they are somewhere you would never leave them without outside interference AND they are ALWAYS in the last place you look.

My Dad in his latter years was convinced that the borrowers visited his workshop in the evenings, played with his tools and left them in a slightly different place
I have been away for four days. Before we left we picked strawberries but left enough for another picking (I'm positive) when we returned. Today...not a singe strawberry. They are in a cage so the birds haven't got them.

I have been away for four days. Before we left we picked strawberries but left enough for another picking (I'm positive) when we returned. Today...not a singe strawberry. They are in a cage so the birds haven't got them.
Neighbours or slugs?

Latest posts

Back