Beekeeping Quiz details:

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope no one is insinuating I googled. There were a few disease questions I narrowed down to two answers and had to guess and the hive type questions stumped me, but i have been reading a lot, and asking a lot of questions from beeks more experienced than me. I have looked at what the diseases look like too in the past so maybe it all sunk in. Pretty miffed really, thought this was supposed to be fun.

No books or Google 78% - quite pleased as all knowledge is from books or the forum. One question - how do you know what type of extractor it is just by looking ??

I'm sending you a PM as unfair to explain the answer open to all

Kaz, I agree it just shows you how much you can learn by reading. I hadnt realised I'd picked up so much - seems all the time I spend reading the forum has been worth it. May start to feel a bit more confident to offer a bit more advice.

Kaz, I agree it just shows you how much you can learn by reading. I hadnt realised I'd picked up so much - seems all the time I spend reading the forum has been worth it. May start to feel a bit more confident to offer a bit more advice.

I didn't think I knew that much, I read what people are discussing sometimes and it goes straight over my head, but I must have picked some of it up lol, lurking in the dark parts of my brain. I'm quite chuffed with that score now, thought it was a bit naff at first, but that's ok cos I'm new. If I'd cheated I'd have made sure I got between 85% and 90%....not 60% LOL :p

Queen59, the answer to your question of how to identify what type of extractor it is, is from experience of such things having seen them in advertisements, YouTube videos etc. or in the flesh.

If you are aware of the attributes of each type mentioned in the answers, then the answer will become apparent. I'm sure that CB will have given you a private heads up.

= = =
On another totally unrelated note:

Interestingly, but with even more work from Admin. There is undoubtedly a log that will record when the quiz was entered and the quiz answers were submitted, so time taken analysis of submissions will be possible after the event with pretty much one SQL statement.

In the final analysis a grid of correct answers against each user and the time taken will tend to indicate the assisted results on the basis of forum posting history. Sort of a peer review.

That will make an interesting post in the new year.

66%! As a newbie I'm pretty happy with that - plenty of room for improvement I realise though.

86%! I'm well happy with that! :party: (And no I didn't cheat by the way)

Thanks very much to PH and Admin for setting it up.... when's the next one?

Thanks PH and Admin ,

That is a great way of learning, and a lot of work put in by you both, well done, look forward to the next one ,
I was pleased with how much I have picked up, but did have some of the pictures embedded, and used the opportunity to look some up some on the forum rather than guess, so don't count my score in the results, but more thing's like that please, in the new year, now you know it works.
Thanks again
Tony

:iagree:

well done to the organisers.

and i hope that none of the "cheats" needed google to answer question 1 (unless they have very bad eyesight!!!)

Q 1 was intended to settle the nerves and give a giggle...oh and to lull into a false sense of security.... LOL

PH

:)

No idea, I cannot see any more of the results than any other member but I hope not... LOL

PH

No idea, I cannot see any more of the results than any other member but I hope not... LOL

PH

Oh i thought you might have some all seeing god like eye on the proceedings but guess you are just like the rest of us! Haha, Have a good holiday and have a Happy Christmas.

C B

Quite pleased with my 70% considering I did it with a hangover this morning.
There were some I simply didn't know (which I expected), some I couldn't remember and guessed and a few I should have remembered and guessed wrongly.
Still, good enough and thanks for putting it together.
I have considered doing some exam modules as I've studied nothing in 16 years, so maybe I will now.

Latest posts

Back