Beekeeper in Aberdeenshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronieBees

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Relatively new beekeeper based in Aberdeenshire. This our third year, started off with 2 hives, made a few mistakes, but now have 5 hives and 2 nucs. We have four flow hives and 1 standard Langstroth.
Always learning!

Relatively new beekeeper based in Aberdeenshire. This our third year, started off with 2 hives, made a few mistakes, but now have 5 hives and 2 nucs. We have four flow hives and 1 standard Langstroth.
Always learning!
Hi there, welcome.
A fellow keeper down here also runs langs and flowhive, how do your flowhives fair where you are?

Hi there, welcome.
A fellow keeper down here also runs langs and flowhive, how do your flowhives fair where you are?
They work fine, I am in an OSR area so need to think about that when added the flow supers in the Spring. Ivy is not an issue here as doesn't flow until Oct/Nov typically, so all my supers off by then. I can write a bit of a longer post on some of the pros/cons of flow hives if people are interested in my limited experience

They work fine, I am in an OSR area so need to think about that when added the flow supers in the Spring. Ivy is not an issue here as doesn't flow until Oct/Nov typically, so all my supers off by then. I can write a bit of a longer post on some of the pros/cons of flow hives if people are interested in my limited experience
Yes please do. We have another forum member @Paras who runs them successfully
Start a new thread.

Yes do that.

Back