Beegans?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funny honey

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Got this email the other day and well I just don’t really see it working!?

I am currently working on a new project of selling “ethical honey” to predominantly vegans - "Beegans". There's a terrific niche and market out there for it and I have a few retailers and distributors already showing great interest. I am however struggling to find independent beekeepers or local honey sellers that currently work within the strict ethical guidelines necessary for the ethos of the business to remain vigilant - this is where your expertise may be able to help.

I'm looking for a supplier that meets the following:

· They don’t feed honey bees “sugar water”, glucose-fructose syrup, GMO corn syrup or pollen substitutes.
· They don’t move their honey bees from their garden.
· The don’t provide “pollination services”
· They do not feed on mono-crops for commodification of their honey as “orange honey, apple honey, lavender honey, etc.
· The honeybees do not have imported Queens, The Queens come from the hive making their new- daughter -Queens from the mother Queen.
· They do not use a Queen excluder which cages the Queen into a small chamber, rather than allowing her to move freely throughout the hive, as in nature.
· They leave honey and pollen in each hive for the winter months
· Hives are made up of wax cells only made by the honey bees
· They do not use any chemicals or gases in our hives to treat mites and diseases.
· They do not use antibiotics
· The honey is raw and unfiltered.
· The honey has No Heat whatsoever applied to it.
· Clean fresh water supply for the honey bees is provided.

I might be wrong but the vegans I have spoken to don’t like using animals products ful stop including bees. They wouldn’t eat eggs from a chicken just because it lived a ‘natural’ life in my garden.

And also apart from feeding sugar water and gassing from time to time none of those things applies to me and probably most hobby beekeepers always

Five from the bottom is a killer as is the fresh water. Bees far prefer pissy water in a hoof print from a cow.

Real life is a bitch eh?

PH

Five from the bottom is a killer as is the fresh water. Bees far prefer pissy water in a hoof print from a cow.

Real life is a bitch eh?

PH

Well yeah they will drink where they like not where I tell them!! They don’t listen to me when I ask them not to swarm!! :)

So do the Beegan people go to the GP or use the medical services ? Surely not !!
"They do not use any chemicals or gases in our hives to treat mites and diseases.
They do not use antibiotics"

Not move hives from garden

Winter food is only honey. (20 kg/hive)

...... Not much to sell then....

As the OP says, vegans that I have spoken to object to animals being "exploited", and they regard stealing honey from them as exploitation.

Vegans are pure hypocrite's..whatever beans or feed they require involves pest control to help supply them with there mush..fields are sprayed to Kill pests.. and any winged or four legged pests are also Killed by any means..just to produce the mush that makes them look like holocaust victims...

Actually vegans do not harm beekeepers. Actually beekeepers themselves have much more mad opinions.... Everything which is imported, have diseases. Their brain is often lost... Must ask from forum simple things, like how to buy sugar .... And so on... How to weigh, how much weigh 1 kg sugar?

Last edited:
Actually vegans do not harm beekeepers. Actually beekeepers themselves have much more mad opinions.... Everything which is imported, have diseases. Their brain is often lost... Must ask from forum simple things, like how to buy sugar .... And so on... How to weigh, how much weigh 1 kg sugar?

Thank you finman very informative and helpful to all reading

I am currently working on a new project of selling “ethical honey” to predominantly vegans - "Beegans". There's a terrific niche and market out there for it and I have a few retailers and distributors already showing great interest. I am however struggling to find independent beekeepers or local honey sellers that currently work within the strict ethical guidelines necessary for the ethos of the business to remain vigilant - this is where your expertise may be able to help.

· They don’t feed honey bees “sugar water”, glucose-fructose syrup, GMO corn syrup or pollen substitutes.
· They do not feed on mono-crops for commodification of their honey as “orange honey, apple honey, lavender honey, etc.
· The honeybees do not have imported Queens, The Queens come from the hive making their new- daughter -Queens from the mother Queen.
· They do not use a Queen excluder which cages the Queen into a small chamber, rather than allowing her to move freely throughout the hive, as in nature.
· They do not use any chemicals or gases in our hives to treat mites and diseases.
:winner1st::winner1st::winner1st::icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

If your really interested in this go speak to the natural beekeeping association they are the people that are closest to this bet even they know Vegans wont buy honey as its an animal product.

Also I know we have global warming but I didn't know it was warm enough for Orange groves yet. This is a joke, sorry but its a non runner on all fronts.

Last edited:

I might be wrong but the vegans I have spoken to don’t like using animals products ful stop including bees. They wouldn’t eat eggs from a chicken just because it lived a ‘natural’ life in my garden.

And also apart from feeding sugar water and gassing from time to time none of those things applies to me and probably most hobby beekeepers always

In reality your last sentence relates to the very few beekeepers who are not looking for any kind of a crop. This then discounts any possibility of fulfilling your initial sentence. I think vegans should stick with what they are doing already and avoid honey. Their lack of interest in honey is no loss to beekeepers who if they look after their stock well can sell every drop of honey they produce without trying to meet unrealistic fads.
S

:winner1st::winner1st::winner1st::icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

If your really interested in this go speak to the natural beekeeping association they are the people that are closest to this bet even they know Vegans wont buy honey as its an animal product.

Also I know we have global warming but I didn't know it was warm enough for Orange groves yet. This is a joke, sorry but its a non runner on all fronts.

Sorry it wasn’t that I was interested in doing this myself it was an email sent to me asking if anyone was interested in supplying whoever sent the original email it was forwarded to me through my association. It stated that there was a real intrest in ‘ethical’ honey. I posted it as my thoughts were this would never work but wanted to see what other beekeepers thought

Last edited:
The reason I think its a joke is who ever sent it to you hasn't got a clue about beekeeping in the UK. The info has just been cut and pasted from some document that has come from the USA.

The reason I think its a joke is who ever sent it to you hasn't got a clue about beekeeping in the UK. The info has just been cut and pasted from some document that has come from the USA.

Yes I don’t think they will be getting many people offering to do it

Next he will be asking for ... any old beeswax we do not want or need... as he wants to knit natural beeswax coffins or similar from it..... eedjit!

:calmdown:

Quote: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”

I would imagine that another criteria would be.....the bees have chosen to live in their present hive by swarming into it naturally. ....
I think they missed that one!

Latest posts

Back