Bee up your trousers.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moor141

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
First inspection this weekend. My wife was keen to help but having a bee up your trousers is never a good outcome. She was slow to swat it and it got her first. Pity as my bees are really easy to handle but one up her leg let the whole lot down.bee-smillie

i wear a full suit these days, ever since a bee landed on my jeans :eek:

Just ONE?

My record is 13 - That I counted anyway! (It was only when i got back in the barn and removed my smock that I wondered why I could hear buzzing from somewhere...

Got at least one sting in the gentlemans area.:willy_nilly:

Last time I go straight from plastering to an inspection in work jeans with holes in ...

N

I am always careful to prevent them from going up my leg after watching this happen to someone at a practical session of my beekeeping course. They had their trouser legs hanging over their wellies, thinking that this would stop the bees falling down the welly tops... she soon learned the hard way!!

But watching her prance about in such pain has left a vivid image etched on my memory!

I was talking to someone on a bee keeping course last year. She informed me that a friend had got stung on his private parts. My answer was (did he ask the doctor to take away the pain and leave the swelling). The outcome was a lot worse aparently.
Bee up the trousers get it before it get you, same if it gets in your hair.
Cant be doing with full suits and welly's. Wife's fine not even iching which is a bit anoying as mine go on for days. Everyone's reaction is different.

Got at least one sting in the gentlemans area.:willy_nilly:

That's where I got stung by a wasp when it hit my jacket and dropped between my legs while I was riding a motorcycle. Little devil got me all the way through my jeans. :redface:

That was before I could afford a decent set of leathers.

I had a rather dozy bee climbing up my leg after an autumn inspection last year.

I'd just wandered back to the garage when I could feel something tickling my leg nr my thigh. Without really thinking I dropped my trousers to let the bee out to find her way back to the hive. Just at that time a cyclist came past the house, I waved cheerily with my trousers about my knees.

Well the judge believed me anyway.

Bobster

Had a bad experience last year with a hole in my trousers!

I had 27 stings in one go from a particularly nasty swarm, some of which invaded the beesuit.

fortunately, none in the private parts, but i do not recommend stings under the arm pits.

Beforest, I guess we are to assume this was a bee related comment...or is there a confession on the way? :biggrinjester:

When not using my full suit I always tuck my trousers (loose fitting cotton, never denim) into my socks to prevent bees climbing up my trouser legs!

Been there done that, also dropped my trousers in a flash (term of speed) when I did have a bee inside!

When topping up sugar syrup last year I was wearing a V-neck tee shirt (and jeans, not just a tee shirt...) and a bee flew right down the front of the tee.:eek:
I pulled at my V-neck, and luckily she flew back up and decided to sting me on the chin instead.

Always wore my bee suit after that :rolleyes:

Beforest, I guess we are to assume this was a bee related comment...or is there a confession on the way? :biggrinjester:

Sorry, the comment was meant for another forum I frequent!;)

Last edited:
Cycle clips?

Elasticated trouser bottoms?

I wear a throw away type suit over the top of everything. Elastic in the cuffs and trouser bottoms. You can wet them for £1 in some places.

Dyslexic typing....not worthy.

You can wet them for nothing but its costs £1 to dry them.

This forum cracks me up with the typo errors and the acts of comedy. Brings a much needed smile now and then. :smilielol5:

Our Association apiary has bees which like to crawl up your trouser legs. After being stung once, I now always tuck trousers/jeans into socks..

Weather determines wellies or boots.

I always wear a jacket and veil... having once opened a warre suitless and the bees exploded out of the top and chased me (it was windy)... I decided discretion was the better etc...

Only 4 stings - all on hands - so far this year...

Latest posts

Back