Bee-sting death on Eastenders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally i do not like to see any negative publicity about Bee`s or Beekeeping, i can`t stand Eastenders either come to that, complaint sent Chris:cuss:

Bee stings by my eye last week - actually think I am allergic to the antihistamine I took as this sort of reaction has never happened before!
:eek:

looks like a normal reaction when stung nr the eye. reaction to anti-histamine? I doubt it very much. (anti-histamines are best taken before you get stung)

Is there such a thing as bad press?

Not sure I subscribe to the "it's a bad thing". I'm sure the people who suffer from severe reactions to bees, nuts, etc would welcome the general public having a greater understanding of this hazard to them.
On the plus side, it will publicise the plight of bees and be the subject of many conversations that would otherwise not have occured.
It really depends on how it is depicted. I can't see how you can complain about it before you've seen it.

Miss read it as Bee Sting death OF Eastender.

I thought RESULT!!!

I dreamt then of swarms of Apis Mellifera ridding us the blight that is
X factor,
Big Brother,
Strictly come dancing ....

I don't see the BBC as being irresponsible, to be honest, I see it as quite the opposite.

A brief search of this forum will turn up a fair few threads where the posters have been hospitalised by bee stings (including myself) and as PolyHive has said many many times on this forum - Bees can kill, they are not fluffy kittens!!

Why would any responsible beekeeper not want the general public to be informed of the dangers that they can pose?

Looks like a normal reaction to me, in fact I'm surprised it's not closed. This is usually par for the course with facial stings.

looks like a normal reaction when stung nr the eye. reaction to anti-histamine? I doubt it very much. (anti-histamines are best taken before you get stung)

:iagree:

Breaking news... whole cast of East Enders killed by Botulism bug in spam sandwiches
:troll::troll::troll:

Or was that the ending to Brookside Close ?

:hurray:

I think its good that a soap warns the public of the dangers of bees. If it prevents hives from being stolen, kicked over or missiles being thrown or shot at hives its a good thing.

Rockdoc: Eastenders does to the English language what 'Timeteam' does to archeology (Imho). I fondly remember one episode where the team ploughed through the remains of a Mammoth just because they were behind on schedule!
After collecting and preserving more than enough mammoth remains they wanted to continue on down to see if they could find any thing else worth saving before the whole site was going to be ripped up and turned into a gravel extraction pit (if my memory serves me right) Several episodes of Time Team have given me a greater level of education and appreciation of history than 5 years of history lessons at school in the late 70's and early 80's.
not worthy
Tony "boom boom boom" Robinson and the rest of the Time team deserve a special award imho for making history interesting.
However I agree with you about the first half of your statement about Eastenders. :)

Originally Posted by Mike a
Tony "boom boom boom" Robinson and the rest of the Time team deserve a special award imho for making history interesting.

I thought Tony was far more interesting and instructive as Baldrick.

However I agree with you about the first half of your statement about Eastenders. :)

:iagree:

Baldrick was a fantastic character, Eastenders is a mystery as to why anyone watches it and Timeteam can be exceptionally good ( perhaps exceptionally good subject matter rather than the programme itself )

Last edited:
Chris 58.
I found that anti histamine cream didn't help at all when I was stung just under my chin. After a day or so things were getting much worse and looked grotesque, even more than usual ;) , so I went to my GP who told me that anti histamines weren't the thing to use. She prescribed hydrocortisone 1% m/m ointment. That and lots of cold packs worked wonders.
Now I take antihistamine pills before bee wrangling!
Cath

i would gladly donate a complete hive to bbc props if they will kill the entire cast then maybe pass it on to say the x factor

Latest posts

Back