Bee-sting death on Eastenders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montybees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I draw your attention to a forthcoming episode of BBC EastEnders Friday 28th October where there is mention of a death by beesting.
You may share my view that it is highly irresponsible for the BBC to subliminally cause fear of bees. We have all done a lot of work over the years trying to educate the public about bees and a lot of it can be undone by this kind of casual scare-mongering.
If the BBC gets a lot of complaints it may remove the small offending sentence from Friday’s episode. Please look up ways of complaining and use the phone and online complaint facilities which you’ll find at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Cheers
Monty:)

I don't see how you can complain about something that hasn't happened and with such a lack of knowledge of the context a or hard content, after all people do die from bee stings and all manner of other things, should it be hushed up?

Chris

I draw your attention to a forthcoming episode of BBC EastEnders Friday 28th October where there is mention of a death by beesting.
You may share my view that it is highly irresponsible for the BBC to subliminally cause fear of bees. We have all done a lot of work over the years trying to educate the public about bees and a lot of it can be undone by this kind of casual scare-mongering.
If the BBC gets a lot of complaints it may remove the small offending sentence from Friday’s episode. Please look up ways of complaining and use the phone and online complaint facilities which you’ll find at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Cheers
Monty:)

Isn't Eastenders FICTION !

Well it may lower the interest of the one year only bee keepers! Not so sexy now, is it. :eek:
Corrie hasn't stopped me travelling by car though- even near canals...

Well it may lower the interest of the one year only bee keepers! Not so sexy now, is it. :eek:
Corrie hasn't stopped me travelling by car though- even near canals...
:iagree::iagree::iagree:
VM

Bee stings by my eye last week - actually think I am allergic to the antihistamine I took as this sort of reaction has never happened before!
Would this put anyone off I wonder?

:eek:

ANd it got worse after that - I could still see out of the eye at that point!

Isn't Eastenders FICTION !

Yes, but unfortunately the great unwashed (90% of its viewing base) don't believe it is.

Luckily I don't watch the damned thing or i would get quite upset.

Received an email this morning about this from my local BKA, Complaint sent

I think that would put most people off bee keeping and it's just as well it does because otherwise there would be no market for honey.

Chris

ANd it got worse after that - I could still see out of the eye at that point!

Ouch!
I trust it has got better after it got worse ...

If it wasn't a new/different antihistamine, it probably wasn't that - but there are plenty to try with different active ingredients.
French pharmacists really enjoy discussing such options!
No idea what a RAST test would be called in French, but maybe it would be a good idea to get your beesting sensitivity (re)tested. Again, I'd expect the pharmacist to be the first person to ask about such things.

British Pharmacists, by contrast, would never dream of offering to identify mushrooms for you ...

British Pharmacists, by contrast, would never dream of offering to identify mushrooms for you ...

No, and rightly so because there would be litigation if they got it wrong....

....in France litigation against anyone professional or in the field of health is doomed to failure before you start.

Chris

Looks like a normal reaction to me, in fact I'm surprised it's not closed. This is usually par for the course with facial stings.

French pharmacists have a proponcity for sticking things ... where the Sun don't shine... where basically they can also stick soaps like East Enders!

French pharmacists have a proponcity for sticking things ... where the Sun don't shine...

and French people tend to demand products they can stick where the sun don't shine.....

....that and products for "heavy legs" what ever that really is.

Chris

Eastenders does to the English language what 'Timeteam' does to archeology (Imho). I fondly remember one episode where the team ploughed through the remains of a Mammoth just because they were behind on schedule! Anyway, whether it is true or not its worth sending a complaint via the original link. As the OP says they may well alter it if its in the script. We all do our bit to spread the word regarding bees and our craft. I for one would be angry if some ill-informed script writer dropped the alleged sentence in to an episode.

Back