Bee Keeping in Southern Spain.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimthebee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does anybody know of any bee keepers in Southern Spain? We are off for a week and I would love to have the chance to visit some hives. Having had an apartment for several years there prior to keeping bees back here I feel i may have missed the chance to have see how they do it in that heat.

Near the Area on MANILVA, just South of Estapona.

:)

Moroccan Bees

I once visited an apiary in the Atlas Mountains. The bees seemed really small and the hives were made out of old food tins insulated with cardboard. My Berber isn’t that good but I think they used the bees for pollination.

Does anybody know of any bee keepers in Southern Spain? We are off for a week and I would love to have the chance to visit some hives. Having had an apartment for several years there prior to keeping bees back here I feel i may have missed the chance to have see how they do it in that heat.

Near the Area on MANILVA, just South of Estapona.

:)

I love it round there further up in the mountains. Have spent holidays in Gaucín over the past decade.

Don't know of any beekeepers, mind.

gaucin is awesome, love the views, love the little restaurant that over looks the road and the white washed houses in the dip, :iagree:

Not sure what the geology is like where you are going, but I spent a few weeks in the Almeria area around the town of Sorbas. Its within the national park there and, apart from the amazing amount of thyme and rosemary around, I noticed most caves had a resident colony with a tell tale pile of charred wood underneath from the local extraction method! I went back one evening and cut away a large chunk of honey comb from a slab some 5 foot long. Amazing if you can get there.

awesome, i will do some exploring and hopefully get some pictures if i find anything.

gaucin is awesome, love the views, love the little restaurant that over looks the road and the white washed houses in the dip, :iagree:

The food (English places) there is generally overpriced (now) for what it is. Some of the restaurants were excellent before.

Best food is menu del dia in the Gasolinera. Great, simple food. The Nacional is supposed to be good, too.

I also love Casares, but you can keep Sabanillas.

Latest posts

Back