Bee and Equipment Auction

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is the auction in Sussex soon... Saturday May 18th.

Sussex bee keepers website will give the info as it wont let me load the web page!

Indeed. Well organised and marshalled. Plenty of stuff to ponder over, ranging from firewood through to beautifully crafted kit (was particularly impressed by a very attractive WBC stand that was knocked down at around fifty notes - not that I need any of Mr Broughton-Carr's equipment).

Complete hives going for a few quid for the rough stuff, 50 for some well used WBC's, 20 for travel boxes, typically a tenner for 25 frames, around a tenner for used national super with frames.

Picked up a couple of bargains, box o' jars and four mating nucs. Auctioneer delivered a brilliant performance, through hail, rain and shine. Bees clearly in great demand this year with prices as mentioned. Good to meet like minded beeks (and bikers) :)

All in all, a good day. Thanks GlosBKA.

Last edited:
It was a great first auction experience for me.
Poly mating nucs at the end were going for a song - £9 for 3!!!
Those three are on my table as I type. Unused as well! :)

There were some bargains, there were some very shabby National hives - but complete, with frames and foundation in the super the brood box, went for £5! Some demijohns went for well under £2 a bottle. Solid looking three hive stands went for £5.

20 lots of bees, first 4 went cheap as they had chalk brood £60-£100 the rest from £150-£200.
I think there was 18 lots of bees. The first six had chalk brood and went for £90-190 (the two on 11 frames went for £170 and £190 with the nucs £90-£110). Those without chalk brood went for £160-220.

For anyone who's never been to a bee auction, here are a couple of photos to give an idea.

Back