BBKA Exams

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi can any one help me.....I'm looking for a book that seems to have gone out of print.

Beekeeping Study Notes for the BBKA Examinations: Modules 1, 2, 3 & 4
The book has a green cover

Hopefully somebody in our forum has it, get in touch so we can chat

Thank-you all

Martin

if you go here

http://blog. mbbka.org.uk/category/education/

you have study notes from 2011 for all modules and basic exam. I have put a space before mbbka that needs to be removed.

Hi can any one help me.....I'm looking for a book that seems to have gone out of print.

Beekeeping Study Notes for the BBKA Examinations: Modules 1, 2, 3 & 4
The book has a green cover

Hopefully somebody in our forum has it, get in touch so we can chat

Thank-you all

Martin

if you are taking module 1 you will find ted hoopers book more readable and more reliable as Yates tends to be a bit parochial and their own veiws and you need to see the wood from the trees

hooper plus the midbuck sheets should be ok, but again a few mistakes, one version has WBC frame size wrong

by the time you do module 2 the new yates revision wil be out (/September)

Last edited:
Most BKA's have lots in their libraries and shops. Do ask around before you buy one - I donated mine to our local library, but may regret it after looking at eBay!

Someone has twigged that it is out of print at the moment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beekeeping-Study-Notes-BBKA-Examin-B-D-Yates-/260785620001#ht_1925wt_1302

£104!!

MuswellMetro and susbees are right in what they say.

IMHO the books are an acquired taste, but still cover most of the syllabus in their own inimitable way and I am hanging on to the other ones in the series:rolleyes:

It has not been available since I started looking for it in September. I am told it is expected in March as it is beeing rewritten

RP insists that the smoker MUST be kept between knees when not in use... OK if 6' tall - all little Wis. Green members must be kippered. And the asthmatics!!

Interesting, I keep my smoker in the garage when not in use. I'll try it between my knees and see if that helps my beekeeping.

Bobster

There's a few strange ideas at Wisborough Green - spark damaged suits being the outcome of this little gem!

I think they also insist on castellations in the brood chamber - surely that makes inspection tricky?

R2

Interesting, I keep my smoker in the garage when not in use. I'll try it between my knees and see if that helps my beekeeping.

Bobster

:rofl:
I meant whilst in hive but not guffing loads of smoke at the poor bees.- and you knew that...
Someone let me know what book like that he is bringing out - :rolleyes:

Use this search on eBay: http://alturl.com/i8g79

R2

you don't seriously expect somebody to pay 4 times the price for it when it will be out of date in March

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back