bargain seeds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
Morrisons are doing a largish packet of seeds, for bees and butterfly s over 30 varieties of seed and enough to cover 50sqm .......... all for £2

get planting or give as a gift mine are going to be sprinkled over large area of fresh waste ground left by our lovely council!!!!!bee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smillie

make seed 'bombs' and distibute along road verges!

even better value.....

they are actually offering them at buy 2 get £1 off - so £3 for 2 packs. great value as large box of seeds (roughly size of paxo stuffing or atora suet box).

Morrison's don't have these sized packets at my local branch (High Wycombe) so if anyone comes across a Morrison's I can travel to or can accept a payment from internet banking or pay pal for offers mentioned here it would help me out. Our garden has been dug up for a ground source heatpump and I think we need to let it settle before grass can be laid/sown so my idea is meanwhile bee friendly wildflowers sounds great. A proportion will continue if they are perennials. I think I'd be tempted for 3 large lots at least and would sow them in verges locally as well.
Tricia

Thanks for that Nellie.....you saved me a trip...it's my local too!

They do have some small packets, I think at something like £1.99 or £2.99 and Morrison's own brand annuals such as aquiligia at 59 p each or 4 for £2 but I felt these were more expensive than I could get elsewhere. Though I went for seeds I became interested in one or two reasonably priced garden shrubs and plants (Viburnam £2; small willow tree about4 or 5 ft high for £8, hellebores for under £2 and some herbs reasonably priced - thyme and rosemary were in stock yesterday and there was a buy x for y - possibly buy 5 for £10 - with the changes in our garden we have probably lost some of our established shrubs. HOWEVER there are no guarantees as to what is in stock or the quantity so not worth a long journey. I am toying with the idea of the willow and there was only one so if anyone here snaps it up, let me know and save me the journey.

tricia

Pete - that sounds great - I'd like to take you up on that. Will pm later (the heat pump has just arrived and they are trying to get it through the door....)
Tricia

Back